Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old April 5th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Visit Spenser TR's Blog
Spenser TR Citizen
Default Where are we playing?

In Flykiller's "The Game" thread the issue of where to play figured in, and it seemed like a worthwhile thread topic itself.

When you play, where does that happen?

Is it organic and changes session to session? What are your requirements? Have you ever paid for space, like at a game store that has special rooms?

For most of my campaigns, it's been "the kitchen table" because the table was big enough and frankly, purchased with campaign RPGing in mind. I like to keep it in the same place, and my strong preference is for a few hours on a weeknight.

When I was recently in Chicago for a few months we played in ( of all places ) a hotel lobby. The workers there grew to know us and love us, and it was the perfect balance of public and private, snacks and whatever were readily available, and we could have our space at a giant table with nearby handy electric outlets until the wee hours if we wanted.

I'm back home now, and it's looking like we'll use a coffee shop for our venue. The place closes at 5pm, but the owner is a friend and former gamer so he offered up the place. "Just sweep up the blood after your done" is the running joke.

How about you? Where do you play, or where have you played before? If you could choose or design the perfect place to play, where would it be?

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Emerson

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.