Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

In the data-dump that Henry downloaded from Devonia starport, in addition to the Employment Wanted ads in which Donoma's listed was spotted and discussed, there are also adverts from a ship chandler and several brokers. The "Visitors Welcome" packet includes warnings to wear eye-protection against glare and UV when outdoors during the day, and to wear high-SPF lotion on any uncovered skin.

There is also this basic data on the Devonia planetary system; each major item can be selected by tapping or IA to drill down for more detailed information (for example, if you wanted to know more about the moons of Ashtonia).

Devonia System (Reavers' Deep 3125)
Primary Star: F5 V (Whitney)
0 - empty
1 - Whitney I, X420000-0, no moons
2 - Whitney II, X210000-0, no moons
3 - Whitney III, X300000-0, no moons
4 - Whitney IV (Devonia), C566674-8, 1 moon
5 - Asteroid Belt, X000000-0
6 - Whitney V (Peytonia), LGG(170), 1 ring, 6 moons
7 - Whitney VI, XBA7000-0, 2 moons
8 - Whitney VII (Jordania), LGG(180), 10 moons
---- Whitney VII-H (Pit), E502200-8
9 - Whitney VIII (Ashtonia), LGG(190), 7 moons
A - Whitney IX, XAA0000-0, 2 moons
B - Whitney X, X675000-0, 2 moons
C - Whitney XI, X400000-0, no moons
Distant Binary: M5 V (Glow), no planets

Devonia is currently about 90 degrees ahead of Peytonia in orbit, so distance is about 5.44 AU (814 million km), assuming you are going there after you finish refueling.

EDIT: I also went back and fixed numbers (instead of xx) in the post to Henry about sensor readings and distances, if anybody needs those numbers.

GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 11th, 2013 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: glare and UV protection
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Donoma gets a signal on her data plate, indicating new ship data. She wakes, rubs the sleep from her eyes, pulls up the ship listing. She curses softly when she sees what appears to be a full crew.

"Well, it's still worth a look. I never thought I'd be here this long."

She checks for arrival time and sees it is still empty. She sets her system to alert her when the ship posts an arrival time. She stops and checks the initial notice and the subsequent "no current update" times, calculates the possibilities in her head and figures they must have popped out around Peytonia and will probably refuel there.

She goes back to sleep.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Pulling on his orderly jump pants then top, Doc grabs the basic bag of medicine that he keeps on a peg near his quarters door and grabbing 4 vials of Jump sickness medicine from a supply box.

Doc then heads out the door toward the passenger section. As he gets to the passenger hatchway, he slowly picks up one of his feet and notices that he forgot to put on shoes. Shrugging a bit, he continues on through the hatch and toward the closest room of one passengers that Jarvis mentioned.
As he passes through the iris valve into the passenger section, Doc immediately sees Miklos Thanning sitting sprawled in his pajamas on the carpet, leaning against the door of the Med Bay (former psgr stateroom 20). He has a suspiciously-bulging sickbag sitting in his lap, leaking slightly down the side.

"Oh, Doc, Doc, you gotta save me, I think I'm dying!" the greenish-pale man begs pitifully. "I have never been so sick in my life, and everything spins!"
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Henry, having made his report to the Captain, and giving Kalos a perfunctory brief (nothing to say but what's on the monitors), seeks out some quick breakfast and will then suit up for the EVA. Once he's done with the EVA, he will see if he can help with the Max's work on the drives, so they might start working on the nonfunctional maintenance bot.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:02 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Henry, having made his report to the Captain, and giving Kalos a perfunctory brief (nothing to say but what's on the monitors), seeks out some quick breakfast and will then suit up for the EVA.
[OOC: Might want to grab a helper if nobody volunteers - the filters are pretty large, so this works better as a two-person job.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:18 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

[OOC - Max has Vacc Suit skill if no one else is available, but I was thinking that Max might need to nurse the Purifiers and Pumps in engineering to keep them working.]
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
As he passes through the iris valve into the passenger section, Doc immediately sees Miklos Thanning sitting sprawled in his pajamas on the carpet, leaning against the door of the Med Bay (former psgr stateroom 20). He has a suspiciously-bulging sickbag sitting in his lap, leaking slightly down the side.

"Oh, Doc, Doc, you gotta save me, I think I'm dying!" the greenish-pale man begs pitifully. "I have never been so sick in my life, and everything spins!"
With his chipper patient, bedside manner 'We can do that. I see you forgot to heed the space sickness warning about not eating heavily during the last day of a Jump.'

Placing his palm on the door entry, 'You may want to lean forward a bit or you might tumble.'

'Jarvis, please open the door for me.'

Once the door is open, Doc steps around Miklos and enters the Med Bay, placing his bag on the counter. He opens up a drawer and pulls out an empty sickness bag, then decides to pull out 2. Putting on gloves first, he then heads back to the door.

Carefully picking up Miklos full bag, he hands the other 2 to him. 'Use one of these if you need to then please make way into the doctor's lounge for stiff drink, a quick shot and boring story.'

'Jarvis, please inform the Steward that we have a mess in the center aisle.'

Doc then takes a few steps back in toward a refuse container, steps on the floor button and deposits the full bag into it.
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:01 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
'Jarvis, please inform the Steward that we have a mess in the center aisle.' [/color]
Jarvis can send a cleaning bot for that, kinda like a Roomba on steroids, has scrubbers as well as suction and can dispense cleaning chemicals and air-freshener.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:06 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
'Jarvis, please open the door for me.' [/color]
Jarvis replies, "I'm sorry, Doc, I can't do that."

[OOC: Sorry, just couldn't resist the 2001 reference. I'm sure your character would know, so let's just assume that he said Alfred instead of Jarvis - Jarvis is the IA for passengers, and wouldn't have access to open the Med Bay or anything else secure. Alfred is the Crew IA.

[Actually, they should be programmed to hand off stuff like that, so if a Crew person accidentally asks Jarvis to do something that requires Crew authority, Jarvis would hand it off to Alfred.

[So never mind. Carry on. As you were.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:10 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
[OOC - Max has Vacc Suit skill if no one else is available, but I was thinking that Max might need to nurse the Purifiers and Pumps in engineering to keep them working.]
[OOC: I'm pretty sure both Kalos and Gayne have vaccsuit. Kalos now has the bridge, but I'll go ask Chris if he wants to have Gayne do the EVA.]

[EDIT: Correction, I will ask him tomorrow. Had not realized how late it is.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 11th, 2013 at 01:44 AM..
Closed Thread