Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Card Game

Traveller Card Game Discussion and Teasers for the forthcoming Traveller Card Game.

Old January 6th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

Has no one played Fifth Frontier War? The shortest game I ever played in lasted a weekend.

I too received TI4 for Christmas, haven't had the time to play it yet unfortunately.
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Djct Citizen

Yes - just new as a Christmas present. Supposed to be streamlined compared to 3E but never played it. Had a 4 player with wife and 2 kids on Hogmanay that took us about 6 hours. Playing today with 6, including 2 very prone to AP. Wish me luck!
Old January 7th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

khadaji2002 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djct View Post
Yes - just new as a Christmas present. Supposed to be streamlined compared to 3E but never played it. Had a 4 player with wife and 2 kids on Hogmanay that took us about 6 hours. Playing today with 6, including 2 very prone to AP. Wish me luck!
How did it go?
Old January 7th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Djct Citizen

Great. I came second last!

We went seven turns, and played from 14:40 to 21:15 with a short break for the curry I had prepared. Three players on 8 VP were overtaken by the fourth on 7 who took over Mecatol Rex and then the next action scored the imperial card (giving him 1 VP and allowing him to score a two point objective from the public objectives).

All players enjoyed it, my 11 year old lasted the distance, they said it didn’tfeel like 6 and a half hours. One of them even said he dreamt of plastic spaceships last night.

It is too big and unwieldy to play more than once or twice a year, but great fun!
Old January 7th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

khadaji2002 Citizen

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Grav_Moped Citizen

Just received my set. Looks good. Reading through the rules now.
The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Grav_MoPed is sorting and sleeving the cards as I type...

(Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA.)