Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old May 19th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Baron

Gallery : 42
Visit coliver988's Blog
coliver988 Citizen
Default NPC to NPC Interactions

My players are currently moving about in a Lab Ship, and I've only 2 players and and 6 or so NPCs that crew the ship. They have been too much part of the background despite me having some good background notes.

So, I decided I needed to see how these NPCs got along with each other, so I created a table and rolled 2D6. Using the reaction table we can see some crew really hate each other...

Anyway, so I need to start letting my players, who command this ship, have to deal with potential rivalries and other issues. As they just hit jump space, maybe I can work up some drama while there...

I'd add the table but don't have the time & patience, but basically we have the NPCs down the left and across the top, and we roll 2D6 for each NPC against the other PC. Column 1 is the PC and how they feel about the NPC in the row. So in my table, 2 NPCs seem to hate each other - one rolled a 3 for the other, and the other rolled a 4 for the 1st.

Just a thought on having some more NPC to NPC interactions.

The table is on my blog but still needs a bit of work.

Duke of The Solomani RimLANGELOS A4249A6-FLangelos Write Up AlphaTrane / Glisten 2038
Baron, IpkurIpkur C564543-9Ipkur Write Up AlphaRomar / Glisten 2140
Knight of the Third Imperium [x2]Rhylanor A434934-FCyan / Trojan Reach 2102
Knight of the Third ImperiumIkuna E000410-AKryslion / Trojan Reach 2002
MCG For Conspicuous GallantryThe Assault On Alell
Travellers Aid Society 2798Dudid B510526-9Bloghttp://traveller-ct.blogspot.com/

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.