Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old February 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
Default Galaxy Guide 15: Attack of the Clones

Any old D6 Star Wars gamers out here? Man, I love WEG's D6 system. Talking about a perfect system for Star Wars!

Stumbling around the net, I found this fan-made Galaxy Guide 15: Attack of the Clones.

If you played the old D6 Star Wars, then you'll remember the various Galaxy Guides that were published. Well, this fan copied the style and made what looks to be a perfect supplement for you guys to download and use for your games.

It's free, of course.
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Well, I've run a lot of WEG SW over the years. I'm not running it presently, but I won't be getting rid my WEG stuff. My preference is either 2E unrevised (big Blue), or 1E without the Rules Companion.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.

Last edited by aramis; February 20th, 2013 at 12:17 AM..
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM

Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Well, I've run a lot of WEG SW over the years. I'm not running it presently, but I won't be getting rid my WEG stuff. My preference is either 2E unrevised (big Blue), or 1E without the Rules Companion.
Interesting. I typically run 2E R&E. I'm curious...what is it you like about 2E unrevised, or 1E straight up?
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplement Four View Post
Interesting. I typically run 2E R&E. I'm curious...what is it you like about 2E unrevised, or 1E straight up?
The scaling rules. For ease of discerning, unrevised I'll refer to as 2.0 and revised as 2.5

2.0 has the die-capping scale system, which I much prefer to the simpler but far less satisfying adding dice by scale.

Also, the full round defense options.

Further, the presentation of 2.5 is really excruciatingly unappealing to me. 2.0 was crisp, clear, and easy to find things in.

1E is simplicity. The scaling in 1E is really the simplest, and far better than the additive dice in 2.5...

I do use the additional rules for force powers in RC when running 1E, including 1 power per pip.

A lot depends upon my "campaign mood" - if I plan on big battles, military action, and players in separate ships/vehicles, I use 2.0. If I'm planning on a cheezy 1-shot, 1E+ most of the RC.

At present, tho', I'm running (and enjoying) the FFG SW: Edge of the Empire rules.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
2.0 has the die-capping scale system, which I much prefer to the simpler but far less satisfying adding dice by scale.
Hmm. I'll have to look at that. It's been years since I've used the system, though.

Quote:
Also, the full round defense options.
2.5 definitely have full round defenses. Was there something different about 2.5's options? IIRC, for example, a character could roll a Full Dodge, and whatever he rolled, he'd use that for his defense for the entire round.

I do remember that 2.0's round sequence was very unappealing. IIRC, you moved around the table and allowed everyone to do only one action. Then, you went around again, allowing characters to do second actions, and so on, until every character did all actions.

2.5 was superior, I thought, in that on a character's turn, he did all his actions. Once done, you just moved to the next guy in line, like most RPG's.

2.0's round sequence was more realistic and better simulated simultaneous movement, but 2.5 was much easier to play, I thought. And, it was much more conducive to the wham/bam fast action of Star Wars.

As a D6er, I'm sure that you're aware that the D6 books by WEG have gone OpenD6, and you can download them for free from RPGDriveThru.

I was looking through D6 Space the other day, and I see that they halved STR damage when doing melee combat, to keep strong characters from doing more damage than weapons.

I'm undecided on whether I'd implement that in a Star Wars game. Wookiees need to be strong!

Quote:
At present, tho', I'm running (and enjoying) the FFG SW: Edge of the Empire rules.
Yes. Heard of it. Can you, in a few sentences, give me an example of the task system? Maybe give me an example of a character's turn?
Old February 20th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 16
BeRKA Citizen

That was a really cool fan produced book. I wish some of the Traveller products that we pay for could look that good.
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

LiamKerrington Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to LiamKerrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplement Four View Post
Any old D6 Star Wars gamers out here? Man, I love WEG's D6 system. Talking about a perfect system for Star Wars!

Stumbling around the net, I found this fan-made Galaxy Guide 15: Attack of the Clones.

If you played the old D6 Star Wars, then you'll remember the various Galaxy Guides that were published. Well, this fan copied the style and made what looks to be a perfect supplement for you guys to download and use for your games.

It's free, of course.
Sweet.

I forwarded the download-link to one of my friends who really is deep into SW ... Thank you for sharing.

All the best!
Liam

http://www.madadventurers.com = Mad Adventurers Society
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM

I wonder if the same author(s) wrote GGs for Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith.

If you find 'em on the net, please post 'em. They'd make a nice set.
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM

Jame Citizen

I love the d6 system. ?Too bad I can't have anyone around here who'll play it.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:15 PM

Just to let everyone know, WEG has made their D6 system completely free a few years ago. If you go to DriveThruRPG and look it up, you'll find loads of stuff to download for free.

Also here is a nice page with lots of fan-made material.