Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old April 7th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
RandyB Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron Zero View Post
Of course it would be more efficient to recover said waste heat for the production of power but I think that might tread on the toes of the physics of perpetual motion whose head should not be reared.
Only for sufficiently high levels of efficiency in energy recovery. Not being a physicist, though, I can't suggest what level of heat-to-power wouldn't tread on those toes.
Old April 7th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Citizen: SOC-2

bookwyrm Citizen
well, although i didn't play it, i watched it enough. Robotech. transforming mecha fighting in space, fighting on the hulls of ships in space, and mars and maybe some other airless/near airless worlds. there is a Robotech RPG, but i don't know the rules they might have about what they do with waste heat. could just take it for granted or something, or something hand wavium to do with the (whispered) 'Protoculture'. but Robotech also had nontransforming mecha that battled in space in defense of the SDF1 while it was cruising around the solar system defending itself from the zentradi. of course transforming mecha in traveller
Old July 25th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

TheDS Citizen

Robotech, like most games which are not Battletech, completely ignores heat dissipation.
Old July 26th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Visit Procopius's Blog
Procopius Citizen

Palladium's Robotech is indeed a very different beast than Battletech. I demo'd Battletech games for a number of years, and played a fair bit of Rifts, the hopped-up-on-crystal-meth cousin of Robotech in the Palladium stable, and I've seem a few episodes of the old Robotech cartoon...as near as I can tell, neither Battletech nor the Robotech RPG captured the "one salvo=one kill" feeling of the episodes I caught.