Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2014, 01:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
leo knight Citizen

Wow, Blue Ghost, if even a fraction of that had happened to me, I'd have completely lost it. I've had a few things, similar in kind but not magnitude or duration come my way, so I have a tiny idea of how frustrating it must be for you.

I hope things work out in your favor. Stay strong.
Plagiarize, Let no one else's work evade your eyes, Remember why the Good Lord made your eyes, So don't shade your eyes, But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize - Only be sure always to call it please research. - Tom Lehrer
Old November 2nd, 2014, 04:35 AM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Blue Ghost has disabled reputation

Well, it gets better, I was asked several times if I had "ever caused an accident", and the day I did the "break check" all of my neighbor's eyes were on me as I drove home. I put two and two together, and figured I had gotten in trouble for what I had done, and quietly waited for either the CHP or local PD to come ask me questions.

It never happened.

Someone contacted a local film maker about the possibility of me reopening an old opportunity when I was in my 20s. Only apparenrtly I had to spend FOUR YEARS at the Art Institute of San Francisco learning about film making, IN SPITE of the fact that I spent nearly ten years in the local industry, and had attended CSM and SF State as a film major, run by August Coppola, Francis Ford Coppola's older brother: You may have heard of him; he did some small films like "Apocalypse Now", "The Godfather", "The Godfather II", a few others. So, even though I laid dolly track, setup Mole Richardson lights, flags, scrims, nets was responsible for grid power distribution, worked as an SFX assistant and pushed dollies for nearly TEN YEARS ... this said same film maker "suggested" that I sell me home, get ANOTHER DEGREE IN THE EXACT SAME FIELD as I had when I was in my 20s, fifteen years before!

It was a dream of mine to work for said local film maker, but after what I've been through ... I'll be lucky if I can hold off my anger and keep myself from shredding his DVDs.

In the meantime, this "illustrator" who works for another game company, continually asks me if I "ever caused an accident", and then when I get in my car, suddenly there's always somebody there to cut me off, tailgate me and then suddenly pull around me and speed away, or otherwise make my life miserable. And it stops when I file a formal complaint.

So, I'm a little high strung. Said individuals are now on the radar of local and state law enforcement, and I've issued a cease and desist to the county, have another ready for several other people, and am cautiously optimistic that the perpetrator, including said illustrator (no, he is not affiliated with Traveller in any official capacity) and said game designer, may actually see prosecution for WAY overstepping the bounds of law, ethics and morality.

NEVER in a million years or more would I have ever thought this would happen to me. I've always been the one to call the police when we had gang activity, or garage bands, or anything else. I feel abused and betrayed. I didn't get so much as a TICKET for a SINGLE brake check which resulted in NOTHING but a lot of perturbed drivers. And that was back in 2001! And YES, I do regret it, and NO, I would NOT do it again.

My god.

I'll also add that there's at least one person here on the COTI staff who has intimate knowledge of what I've been through. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them.

All the while I'm trying to finish my degree, jump-start my old career, and write for this game, but getting harassed.

I was going to try and find and contact an old flame, but someone tried to send "substitutes", and when the real thing rolled around I just assumed it wasn't her. So, after 20 years, SHE'S GONE AGAIN!

Then when I ask about writing for T5 I get what I would characterize as GUARDED and SPORADIC replies coupled with NON-REPLIES.

So, well see what what happens. In the meantime I've to think about whether I want to remain a fan of someone or not.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post

Then when I ask about writing for T5 I get what I would characterize as GUARDED and SPORADIC replies coupled with NON-REPLIES.

So, well see what what happens. In the meantime I've to think about whether I want to remain a fan of someone or not.
Simply put: There's only ONE person who handles T5 licensing: Marc W. Miller. contacting anyone else is not contacting someone who can license you for T5.

If you haven't contacted him, you're not going to get an answer about T5, because no one else can answer. Well, Marc might have his lawyer answer, but he'd tell you that himself.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 03:26 AM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Marc Miller is the individual of which I speak in regards to writing for T5.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 3
HG_B Citizen+HG_B Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Marc Miller is the individual of which I speak in regards to writing for T5.
I seriously doubt that Marc will be turning his attention to 3rd party T5 products until T5 is revamped enough to be ready for the general RPG market.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

He and I exchanged a couple of PMs on LinkedIn, and then he told me to email him at the FarFuture address. Which I did. I then told him I'd hold off until I got one module completed with art, but I couldn't get Wayne fired up enough to complete the vehicle I had asked for. So, then I tried emailing him a couple more times, then somehow got in contact with Don, and tried a couple more times, then gave up.

Don did mention that T5 addons had not been addressed, but I had to get that from him almost a year later after I had asked mister Miller about what sort of legal contracts and fees were needed. I think the general response I got was a quarter of the take on e-published material, and half that for hard copies sold in stores, and maybe a mention of standards and practice guidelines to follow; i.e. no racism, on sexually explicit or oriented material and so forth.

All the while at work I got people terrified of me, my mail's being screwed with (both physical and email...now the post office hand delivers stuff I ordered from amazon because of the complaints I filed with the Postal Inspector's office), and all the BS I mentioned. And so it goes.

And like I read and spoke with someone here all those years ago, once T5 was out the door, it was my understanding that that would put aside the Foreven restriction from Mongoose for people who wanted to exploit other settings in the Traveller scheme of things. And so I made contact on that basis.
Old November 5th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Just an FYI, from all this I was able to get an email from Matt, for which I'm eternally grateful.

Just another FYI, before I took my blog down, I was giving many thanks to Hunter for treating me like another normal human while I was in the midst of chaos in my own neighborhood and work environment.

Just yet another FYI, I had friends and family concerned about my gaming habit / addiction when I was in middle and high school, thinking it was a form of avoidance of socializing with other people. TOTALLY UNTRUE, I was trying to prepare my creative side for when I did enter the film and video industry I could bring some really marvelous environments and stories to the big or small screen.

Some of you may remember I did respond to Avery's post about a Traveller movie or TV series. At the time I had intimate knowledge of the industry, but right now I'm lucky if I get hired to make coffee for some late night fly-by-night infomercial selling god knows what.

I also received timely responses from Wayne regarding some of his work, and I can get to work on that now.

I do apologize for posting this nonsense on the main BBS.

Thanks.

p.s. another job offer......of course, now that I'm broke, and my car is permanently on cinder blocks.........
Closed Thread