Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old October 7th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
RixRacer Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to RixRacer Send a message via Skype™ to RixRacer
Default T5 Software Game Aids

Hey all...I am starting this thread (again) because I've had new ideas about creating software based on the daunting tasks of refs and players. I am in the process of formatting T5 charts, information, etc into software ready data sets. EXAMPLE: I have pulled all Sector, SubSector, and World data from Traveller Maps using the second survey data as the filter. and put it into row and column formate to load into software datasets. I have also translated hardcopy tables (Skills, Ranks, Muster out, etc) information into software data (datasets). One of the most difficult tasks is taking a consildated equipment list and converting that.

My first game aid tool will be Character Generation. I have all the data needed to do this (as listed above) and I've seen the T5.09 Career flowcharts (Awesome, by the way) and will gear my development efforts toward that.

I kind of want to hear from the users if it is worth it at all to develop T5 specific software as I have read over the past few years that many people use multiple game systems to accomplish gaming tasks. Is T5 Being used mostly in part? Like for ship design, or creating things?

Secondly, as far as equipment, I have capture about 12000+ items of various techlevels. I have split them in to category/subcategory, Description, Tech Level, Weight, Cost, Volume (if needed). I am thinking at the end of a career (after rolling Muster Out Benefits) a PC can buy equipment that they have on them by default at the start of their "retirement" or the beginning of their adventures.

What do you all think? Useful tool or Don't bother! Because it is not for me, it is for everyone!!!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.