Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old July 1st, 2018, 11:05 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 6
Gray Lensman Citizen
Default Size of polities

I have started putting together a campaign. I am using the Cepheus engine rules with modifications and the near space map (with the HSC stars removed).

I am Limiting Jump to 2 Parsecs. Period. The science that drives it does not allow for higher distances, although I am allowing for decreases in mass, volume, and fuel usage with higher TLs.

During this process I got to thinking about the size of polities. Given the hard limit of Jump 2, would a polity the size of the Imperium even be possible. I know that in the OTU the Ziru Sirkai (?) was huge.

But would it even be possible?

I mean, at Jump 2 just how big a polity would be viable. 3 Months = 12 weeks = 24 Parsecs traveled. How much good can a message that is three months old actually be? Some things (commerce) for example, may not be greatly affected. But what about military orders, just for another example?

Just a thought exercise.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.