Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Cepheus Engine > Cepheus General

Cepheus General General discussion of Cepheus Engine products.

Old November 9th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Cepheus Engine Piper-Norton Sector

I will be putting anything posted on the Piper-Norton Out Rim Sector here under the Cepheus Engine, as that is what I will be using to design the sector for the most part. I will not be responding to questions asked about it in the My Traveller Universe forum.

I had two "light bulb" moments today with respect to the sector. One was that I needed to switch the Beowolf and the Odin sectors in position, because of the way the planet Baldur was developing. I could have switched Baldur to an interloper in Beowolf, but that did not feel right. As I have not positioned any planets as yet, nor finished determining how many and what the names are of the planets in those two sub-sectors, it is not that big a headache. Marvelous things, word processing programs.

The second light bulb went off while I was reading a booklet I have on fantasy maps, appropriately enough, the one for the Bermuda Triangle. I have a planet called "Triangle" in the Rover Sub-sector, which is linked somehow, wormhole?, to the Bermuda Triangle. I hit me that I could have a party of adventurers on Earth, vacationing in the area of the Bermuda Triangle, maybe on the water fishing or what have you, suddenly find themselves way out on the Rim, on the planet Triangle. That would be a bit of a change in scenery. I definitely need to keep that idea in mind. It would be even better if it were a group of Imperial occupation troops taking a bit of leave, with not a lot of knowledge about the background of the area.

No fancy Combat Armor, no energy weapons, on high-tech electronic communications, just their survival smarts and what they happen to have on hand.
Do you have a security clearance? New Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Sector Layout

The 16 sub-sectors of the Piper-Norton Out Rim Sector are labeled as follows, and I think that their position is set. At least, until another planet starts talking to me.

Top Row: Sword, Odin, Beowolf, Castaway
Sword and Castaway have all of their planets named, Sword has all of the located.

Second Row: New Texas, Tuatha, Topaz, Kalavela
Kalavela has all planets named, they still need to be located.

Third Row: Poictesme, Warlock, Marduk, Aegir,
Warlock and Aegir have all of the planets named, they still need to be located.

Bottom Row: MacBeth, Rover, Arth, Sargol.
MacBeth has all of the planets named, they still need to be located.

Short write-ups have been completed for some of them, with more coming. Baldur and New Texas will be two of the largest poplation planets in the sector, with Class A star ports. The Space Vikings primarily operate from the Sword sub-sector, but they do have a couple of bases in the Castaway sub-sector. They may show up almost anywhere in the sector, but have the lowest chance in the Sargol, Arth, and Aegir sectors.

Magic can work, portable energy weapons do not. You have been warned.
Do you have a security clearance? New Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Old November 10th, 2018, 04:35 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

Will there be psionics as well as magic or just magic?
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:44 AM

Visit timerover51's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
Will there be psionics as well as magic or just magic?
As I am not a fan of psionics, I do not plan to having them in the rule set to accompany the sector. However, the sector will be a free-standing one, not dependent on the additional rules. If someone wants to use it with the straight Cepheus Engine rules or with one of the Traveller rule editions, they should be able too. They will need some Jump-3 and Jump-4 ships though, and it will be much more of a frontier sector.

Magic will work on some planets, but not all. If a referee wants magic to work on all, that is up to them. If they do not want magic at all, that is up to them.

For that matter, the rules will be a free-standing set as well, for anyone who to use.

Old Today, 09:45 AM

Visit timerover51's Blog

I just about have Sword Sub-sector laid out with Universal World Profiles for the planets as I envision them. SectorMaker has really speeded up the process. Now to write up more extensive world descriptions, and add some caveats to what SectorMaker fields I cannot change. This sub-sector is the primary one for the Space Vikings, settled by a large group of Scandinavians that really wanted to go "a-Viking" like their remote ancestors. This does not include the Finns, as they went in another direction, as did the Irish, and of course, the Texans.

Edit Note: The trade routes for Sword Sector are going it, along with locating the Rim Scout way stations and exploration bases. I just need a larger screen than the iPad has to make things a bit easier with SectorMaker.

Last edited by timerover51; Today at 11:57 AM..