Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > GURPS Traveller

GURPS Traveller A forum for discussing GURPS Traveller from Steve Jackson Games

Old November 28th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
jaz0nj4ckal Citizen
Default GURPS rules with classic combat resolution

I am looking at a copy of GURPS; however, I want to know is it possible to use the GURPS character creation method and 3d6 dice mechanics but streamline combat?

I do not think that rolling bucket of dice will fit into my style of play; however, the GURPS rules appear to offer some items I like.

I want to limit auto and burst fire rules. I do not want to roll for each bullet fired - instead I would like to give auto fire and burst fire a more Classic Traveller approach - auto fire and burst fire will get only a few extra attacks... maybe only 2 attack very similar to how Classic Traveller works.

If I do the latter, how should I change armor? Will armor values need to be changed? For example 5.56mm Carbine does 4d+2, ROF 15. Oppose to rolling 60 different dice, I only want to roll 8 dice. 4d for the firs attack and 4d for the second attack.

Would I have to change anything with DR or anything other combat item?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.