Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Adventurers

Adventurers Tell us your Traveller character stats, skills, and details.

Old May 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+
Default Stardust Dancer Crew

Ok my Aslan game is on Hiatus so we started a pick up game, I tried to brake with my normal Army, Marine or Merchant characters and tried for Navy Academy I Failed Addition, so I tried Enlistment and Failed again so I was forced in to the Draft and got Merchants, after two terms I've got Kick Ass Admin, Broker & Trader and am a good Steward and Solicitor. apart from Computer 1 I've got no technical skills and no other ship skills.

Bigger joke is one of the other players, she failed to enlist in the "Others", GM also let her try for "Rogue" since that was a better fit for her concept, but because of her high Soc she missed out on that also, she also ended up Drafted in to the Merchants, but go no bar rolls after that ending up a Captain & Owner after two terms in an Interface Line.

Continuing the theme of failed enlistment our third missed out on a "Barbarian" enlistment and ended drafted in to the Army failed to reenlist and given her comparatively small list of skills the GM let her try for a 2nd career that she took as "Hunter" where she only lasted one term.

Final player was a three term Cop (imported from MT), but instead of the Detective or SWAT he ended up an "Under Cover" if skills are anything to go by.

I'll post some Stats when I've had some sleep.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

The adventure possibilities for that party are enormous.
Character 1 - good interpersonal skills and ability to make lots of money (broker and lawyer)
Character 2 - "other" is a state of mind , 2 terms in the merchants and ends up owning a ship, high Soc but lots of dodgy contacts
Character 3 - low tech native rafted into the Imperial Army as needed then boot once emergency is over. The term as a hunter is an attempt to go back to his/her roots but once you've seen other worlds...
As for the cop, he/she could be investigating character 2, or the people character 2 would like to be in cahoots with.

I love this group

I'm looking forward to seeing their stats an finding out about their adventures.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Character 2 has a bit of Streetwise, Carousing and Gambling. has passed through Security School, Helm Training & Command School. Lots of Skills at 1, apart from Streetwise she lacks Extra-Legal Skills. According to her player she was a poor little ritch girl who hated her parents and relay liked sex so she ran away from her finishing school to take up a career in Adult Film, when her family sent people after her she jumped a Free Trader and "Worked" her passage for a few months until it started to head back to her families sphere of Influence and she signed on with an Interface Line, bounced around the frontiers for a bit till the Interface line decided to decrease the number but increase the size of the Hulls they where operating they gave her a choice she could take a one rank reduction and stay on as a Deck Officer on a K-Ton range ship, or take her Captains Papers and take-over a Surplus Type A2A, she took option 2.

My Character
Marc Glasser
777CA8-?
Merchant O4, 2 Terms
0-G Combat - 1, 0-G Weapons - 1, Brawling - 1
Trader - 3, Admin - 3, Steward - 2, Broker - 3, Legal - 2
Computer - 1
Vacc-Suit - 1

Special Assignments: Security School, Trade Station, Stewards School, Business School
Formal Qualification: Double MBA - Finance & Hospitality Management, Bachelors of Business Law, CPA, Registered Conveyancing Solicitor.

and this is a guy who as a little kid wanted to fly Starships, instead he failed to make it in to the Naval Academy, University or even Enlist in the Navy, he ended up on a free trader that went bust in the fest months after he signed on, but was able to get a job with an interface line and bounce back and forth the Business side of the company and the Pursers department till he was told he'd never end up as a Bridge Officer because he was too valuable as an executive so he quit.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brad View Post
Bigger joke is one of the other players, she failed to enlist in the "Others", GM also let her try for "Rogue" since that was a better fit for her concept, but because of her high Soc she missed out on that also, she also ended up Drafted in to the Merchants, but go no bar rolls after that ending up a Captain & Owner after two terms in an Interface Line.
Yeah, once you've been rejected by the Imperial Other Service, subsector and planetary and even municipal Others are going to be leery of you.

Hans
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Thing is once she was Drafted in to the merchants I think she only missed two skill rolls in Schools, until she missed her Reenlistment roll at the end of her 2nd term she had hot dice all night, having picked up lots of cash via the Bonus rolls will still in the service she took all her benefits on the materiel benefits table and rolled strait sixes, the GM had made her change dice about three times during character gen and towards the end was having other people roll the dice for her, but the dice kept refusing to roll lower than a 3 for her (and when a 3 came up the other dice would roll 5 or 6) when rolling above a TN, when rolling on skill tables or when other people rolled the dice to check if they where fixed the numbers came back all over the shop, if a little low.
Old May 27th, 2013, 01:19 AM

Oho I should point out we are in the Malvas Quadrant (Subsectors A,B,E & F) of Far Beyond (IISS Unofficial sector name). My Character comes from the Layton Commonwealth, as dose the Cop, the Army turned Hunter comes from a region of space called "The Expanse" that is controlled by none of the major powers, but she served in the Commonwealth Foreign Legion. Captain Staci is in truth "Lady Staci Corwin" niece of a Planetary Vice-Regal (Planetary Ruler equal to a Count) from the major player officially named "The Malvas Alliance" but every one calls it "The Empire" since that's what it is, a resurrected (but much smaller) version of the ancient Malvas Empire (-600 Apx to -300 Apx).
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM

(2nd) Leftenant Dana Hawkeye
ACB755-?
1 term Army O-1, 1 Term Hunter
Combat Rifleman - 3, Brawling - 1, Large Blades - 1
Instruction - 2, Leader - 1
Hunting - 2, Recon - 2, Wilderness Survival - 2, Vacc/Environment Suit - 1

Born on one of the less advanced worlds of the Expanse with strong links to the Commonwealth she was raised in an environment with closer gender equality than normally found at that level of Technological development.
After a harsh season saw Dana's People absorbed by an other culture with less enlightened outlooks, just as she was coming of age she along with all the more independent females and the men who supported the old ways where forced from their homeland, she eventually found herself a menial laborer in one of the more developed settlements where eventually poor harvests saw a backlash against outsiders, given a choice between Exile (again), a life of confinement and indentured labor or being offered up to Commonwealth Recruiters for their Foreign Legion she choose what to her people was the near legendary "Commonwealth Service".

After Basic, AIT & MLS (Modern Life Skills) Dana was selected for the Special Forces School, then made a training assistant before being selected for the OCS program, but not long after being commissioned she was mustered out because the Legion had trained too many junior combat officers for it's needs. From there she gained a job as a Wilderness & Safari Guide eventually running afoul of an influential client with no respect for local customs or laws.
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM

Still trying to get the stats on the last two characters, so in the meantime I though I'd post the character development plans

Marc Glasser: Large Blade, Pilot, Navigation, Education. Also receiving professional tuition from Dana in TL-4 Combat Rifleman.

Dana Hawlkeye: Polearm, Bow Weapons, Tactics, Artisan

I think Captain Staci is trying for Disguise & Persuasion or upgrading her Streetwise and Carousing as for weapons upgrades she is either learning how to use a small blade or uping her Large Blades Skill. Also receiving professional tuition from Dana in TL-4 Combat Rifleman.

as for the Cop I don't know what he's up to except for learning TL-4 Combat Rifleman.

we are currently "Trapped" on a TL-3 world with no outbound cargo that will fit in our hold and with no Engineer, it's bean three game weeks, Marc keeps going back and forth between the two Class-D looking for Cargo and everyone is picking up odd jobs to cover Hanger Fees, Port Power Feed, Launch Tickets and Groceries. the Contract Cargo as I said is is all to big for our hold, and the only Speculative Cargo is the same stuff that the owner is trying to off load if they can't ship it off-world, turns out a few years back some idiot shipped a bunch of Mega Mining equipment that the Locals can't use nor their Tech Base support so his company is trying to ship it home or off load it on to some other idiot. It's getting to the point where we will head for home with an empty hold and what ever passengers we can find, at least Marc will turn a profit he's put together a couple of hundred kg of non-perishable small cargoes costing him a couple of hundred but expecting to return in to the thousands (with luck over 10 grand)
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brad View Post
Thing is once she was Drafted in to the merchants I think she only missed two skill rolls in Schools, until she missed her Reenlistment roll at the end of her 2nd term she had hot dice all night, having picked up lots of cash via the Bonus rolls will still in the service she took all her benefits on the materiel benefits table and rolled strait sixes, the GM had made her change dice about three times during character gen and towards the end was having other people roll the dice for her, but the dice kept refusing to roll lower than a 3 for her (and when a 3 came up the other dice would roll 5 or 6) when rolling above a TN, when rolling on skill tables or when other people rolled the dice to check if they where fixed the numbers came back all over the shop, if a little low.
I've seen that before... as the ref it is frustrating, but as a player it is great.
Old June 1st, 2013, 10:26 PM

would have bean nice if the player had wanted a Merchant Pilot, but she wanted a Playgirl (Noble Career could easily denote too much responsibility with the wrong rolls), though she did pick up the basics of the skills she wanted.

I wanted either a Navy Pilot or a Navy Commando (like a poor-mans Master Chief), Instead I ended up with a MBA in Economics & Hospitality. Just now am I starting to pick up some Bridge Skills.