Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > GURPS Traveller

GURPS Traveller A forum for discussing GURPS Traveller from Steve Jackson Games

Old February 9th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Malenfant

Gallery :
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kafka47:
Here I was talking about the break between GT and the TNE. As LKW, aknowledges that TNE is the future history of GT as it is for MT, what trigger are we going to see leading to the release of the virus.
[/qoute]

I've certainly never heard of this before though... I was always under the impression that while Longbow II and the Cymbeline chips do exist in GT, the former hasn't detected anything coming toward the Imperium from the core, and the latter are just scientific curiosities.

I asked Loren about this on JTAS, so hopefully he'll be able to clarify.
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kaladorn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Malenfant:
And, as Kaladorn says, as a common framework for discussion and cause for fisticuffs between Trav nuts [img]smile.gif[/img] .
WHO YOU CALLIN' A NUT, YA FLEA BITTEN SONOFA-VARGR?!

WHERE BE MY CUTLASS?!!!!!?

AVAST, HAVE AT THEE!

[img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]

Seriously, I hope everyone reading who wonders about canonicity takes the point: It only matters for writers writing for publication, and they presumably should ask for guidance as to what is canon pertaining to their area of writing. It will depend on product line, etc.

But for the vast bulk of us, it is what our ref (our us if we are ref) says it is. And that's what matters. I hate to see divergent ideas shot down just for canonicity issues. Now, the smart person posting an idea for review identifies if he wants his work checked for canonicity.

If not, he acknowledges ahead of time it may be a canon conflict and that isn't a big concern, so need not be addressed in critiques.

I think a lot of folks on TML get their knickers in a twist over canon violations, when the author knows that but doesn't care or wants to explore the dynamics of a particular canon violation. They just don't always say so up front. And so blood is let, when it need not be.

Long Live Canon, Whatever That Means!
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"