Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Cepheus Engine > Cepheus General

Cepheus General General discussion of Cepheus Engine products.

Old June 20th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Blue Ghost has disabled reputation

Thanks.

Like I say, it had been my intent to start just cranking them out as fast as I could, but it's like copyright law has been gamed to the point of walking on egg shells.

And again, like I say, as of this morning I had the wind taken out of my sails, so it's not a big deal anymore.

The 3I is confining and restrictive (I think I already mentioned this) which isn't such a big deal, but to write "outside the box" so to speak, means you run other risks.

I could always design my own system, but I'm not a game designer. I'm a writer with story and adventure concepts, a lot of which I would have liked to add to the official 3I setting.

Whatever.
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Vargas Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baktegon View Post
i was on drivethruRPG.com a while ago and found a ton of interesting system-agnostic adventures. particularly i like the ideas that author Michael Brown is selling.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/.../Michael-Brown
Don't know how I really feel about paying for one page adventures.
Old June 21st, 2017, 04:36 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Which is why I've tried to endeavor to write rich material that is lengthier, like the classic D&D adventures which required more than one evening of play.

So, I don't want to be on strike, and the little detail that's extended it is being dealt with as I write this post.

We'll see what happens.

I want to thank everyone who's given me support and exchanged thoughts. You people are great. I mean that. I'm just sorry there isn't a real orbital complex at Regina that we call can't meet up at and sit down, laugh and tell stories about high-adventure.

Thanks again. You people are really great. Thanks much for this old Traveller to all you veterans. I can't think of a better forum to come to. I really can't.
Old June 21st, 2017, 04:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

JimMarn Citizen+JimMarn Citizen+JimMarn Citizen+

Interesting reading about OGL, IP, etc.

When I bought d&d modules for myd&d game world, I always modified them. TSR, Judges Guild, etc.

I would do the same for any Traveller-type modules, scenarios, etc.

I started doing this because some of my players, who never ran a game session, would buy modules and memorize them. So I moved corridors in a dungeon, moved the main treasure etc.

To get back to Traveller. I and one of my players is interested in running a Traveller game, to learn it and for me to get used to Epic Table. I do have the FFE CD of pdfs. I'll probably try the CT ones, and maybe the GURPS ones, and then decide from there.

I would be interested in modules, not single page adventures, and I do understand your concern over the legal ramifications. Cost could be a problem for me, as I am on social security.
Old June 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

baktegon Citizen
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
Don't know how I really feel about paying for one page adventures.
the bundles of six or so adventures are five bucks, and each individual one is less than a dollar generally, not a huge investment to try some new material. i didn't mind it at least.

my players in particular wanted to have a bit more episodic campaign, i have a core three people who come every week but then three or four more people who can't make every session, so they felt a bit left out of the campaign-length story we were playing in the last campaign. we're rolling characters tomorrow night and starting week after so we'll see how it goes!
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:49 PM
Baron

Gypsy Knights Games Citizen+Gypsy Knights Games Citizen+Gypsy Knights Games Citizen+

Michael Brown has a ton of these out there now and they are great stuff. They are generic and could very easily be used in setting. They are generally a dollar in price.

We at GKG have our 21 Plots series that have 21 adventures using the "patron" format. They are set in in our Clement Sector setting but you could easily modify them to whatever setting you are using. They are 4.99 each for the PDF.

You can locate all of these on Drive thru and there are others. You really should check them out.

Gypsy Knights Games: Home of the Clement Sector setting.

Our website. Our news blog.

On Twitter @GKGames , Google + as Gypsy Knights Games and Facebook as GypsyKnights Games
Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:28 AM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Small Starburst Game On

So I had a lengthy discussion with a real cool dude in the East Bay, and he and I exchanged life experiences regarding a number of topics, and he and some people in the Southbay are just the medicine I needed at this highly critical juncture.

I've sent some PMs to interested people, and maybe we can see some offerings up on Drivethru by the end of the summer.

Again, you people are great.

Of all the RPGs and warsims I've played, this forum always seems the most inviting. I mentioned this way back in 2003 or so, a couple years after I joined, because other forums for a variety of RPGs and warsims tend to be extremely combative. But you people are pretty civil, and just a good bunch all around. I'm sure there'll be more bumps in the road ahead, but again, many many thanks.

Not to get too poetic nor touchy feeling here, but recall that time when you first picked up Book 0 (as I had done way back in ... 79?), or that time when your best friend gave you the starter edition for your birthday as mine had. It was a wondrous feeling to explore the 3I and read about starships and everything else. I hope I can impart some of that to you all.

Thanks again.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:08 AM
Peer of the Realm

Bravesteel Citizen

I look forward to checking out what you have to offer, Blue Ghost, rock on!