Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old May 13th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation
Default AHL (loosely) based ship combat system

From an old thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
As I hinted you in the thread where you took my question you quoted, I was wondering in AHL system could be more or less adopted to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robject View Post
McP, thanks for that. So you are adapting the personal combat system of AHL to ships? Interesting!
This has taken me thinking on and off about this idea for a while, and I think I have a first draft of how this could work (or not work, I let you to opine about it). For now it's just for combat, and based on CT_HG leaving other matters (movement, strategical, etc) for latter if there's interest (and ideas, that are off course welcome).

The result is quite a deadly combat system, at least if mesons are used (but so is CT:HG) that I think (hope?) that can be played in as an alternative combat system without needing stastical results (something I've never liked, but that's a mater of taste).

So I'd like to know opinions (plese, in a non offensive way ) and criticisms (constructive, if possible) from the many authoruzed minds here.

Now ducking my head and reading myself to endure the fire...
Attached Files
File Type: email Ship combat.docx (23.5 KB, 18 views)

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.

Last edited by McPerth; May 13th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: typos

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.