Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Cleon Memorial Library

The Cleon Memorial Library For discussion of Traveller fiction, both official and fan-written. Fan-written drafts are explicitly welcome.

Old January 26th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Blue Ghost has disabled reputation

Apologies for not posting a newer segment. New carpet, possible furnace replacement, a new corner desk that I'm discovering I don't like, and a few other odds and ends that have kept me busy. I've got a few pages done, but don't want to post something that's incomplete.

But thanks for looking at my stuff!
Old January 28th, 2018, 06:41 AM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Back to writing.

Last edited by Blue Ghost; January 28th, 2018 at 09:43 AM..
Old February 4th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

So, I had a story brewing, but got sidetracked. I'm back on target, as it were, but I need to tweak things to make it more Traveller like.

The truth of the matter is that I have three, possibly four solid story possibilities, but was kind of indecisive on which way to go, and how to make any of those offerings really gel in terms of posting a rough.

I got a clearer vision now, and just need to go grab some writing stuff and have at it.

Thanks for the views!
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Many apologies for not posting something recently. I love that people have read my drek , and I would like to post some more, but I would rather post something that was of genuine story quality than just any old thing ... like, Aston the plant beast of Mongo (no, I haven't checked Mongo's UPP, and have no idea whether there's a chance of a plant beast or not ... of course, I could always throw in a Ming the Merciless type ...) or whatever.

I'm thinking I'll borrow from a few more movies, and maybe even do some alternate reality stuff. Thanks for reading
Old March 1st, 2018, 07:55 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Talking

No more feedback. Not a big deal.

I was glad to be able to get back to some levity and good adventure material. The previous installments felt like downers in retrospect.

I thought of going a bit dark and going many years into the future in Aston's life, and see what had become of him. I was prepared to steal another scene out of another favorite series of mine, only dress it up with Traveller goodness.

I haven't put down any named planets / systems because I wanted to stipulate the story over trying to keep in synch with the OT setting.

In spite of my obvious flubs I hope I've entertained some people. I'm not really sure where to go next, largely because I have so many ideas. That, and I'm feeling a little lazy right now.

I'm thinking Zho, K'Kree or even Hiver space. Maybe I'll go back in time again and revisit Aslan country. Ah, the privileges of youth ... for Aston that is

With 3009 views as of this writing, the nonsense I've posted has got to be interesting to someone. At some point I may try to publish reworked versions of these as generic scifi ... maybe maybe-not. As per Dr. Hanami's admonition "You shouldn't be giving it away for free!" I suddenly, I felt so cheap, lol.

Well, we'll see. I've got a busy schedule of taking naps, playing Age of Empires, and cruising the net this weekend. Anything can happen.
Old June 25th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Some quick notes on Aston and Vash; Richard Aston is a male who likes to "see the world", or in this case the Third Imperium. Often in children's fare such individuals are classified or chided as being children, but adventure was and is meant for everyone regardless of age. The kind of adventure may dictate some age demographic, but not the idea of adventuring itself. And adventuring doesn't always mean fighting bad guys, as I think most here know.

Vash is a male wolf like Vargr perhaps who has a loose or vague resemblance to a husky or malamute (I don't know the difference, and am not interested in being enlightened). He is not an allegory for a human female of any social extraction, as I'm perhaps getting some loose hints about his existence.

Getting back to adventuring, some people like companionship with adventuring. Some people delve into adventuring for companionship. As the old saying goes, boys will be boys and girls will be girls sort of thing where social interaction goes. Aston has a job to do, Vash is almost like "his best friend" as a "canine"/"lupine" accompanying his human master, but is also an IISS serviceman.

That's about all for now.