Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old March 14th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 0
ddamant Citizen
Default Poison, Radiation, Enviornmental Hazards

I am curious what people do to adjudicate poison, radiation and other hazards.
Old March 14th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 4
Visit Timerover51's Blog
Timerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddamant View Post
I do not have a hard and fast system. I tend to look at what the situation is, and how likely the hazard is to cause harm. Poison I tend to give some thinking about as poison can range widely in effects and also in potency. Radiation is somewhat straightforward, but I might check a couple of references before the game so as to make sure I know what to do before the group gets hit with it. I am assuming that you are referring to the hazards in the encounter table that comes with the game and is also present in the Animal Encounters supplement.

Generally, if I have a group out of doors for hazards, I will do some planning in advance as to what they might encounter. I also have been known to ignore die rolls on occasion. A lot depends on where they are at, and does the hazard encounter make sense in the situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:16 AM

Gallery : 114
flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++

Quote:
no system, too many variables, just wing it. try to use "slow, medium, fast" and "weak, medium, strong" and "untreated, field treated, professionally treated" as guides and modifiers.
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:20 AM

kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

MGT both versions have poison and extensive radiation rules/play.

CT Missile Supplement 3 had 4D if a crew hit was suffered from radiation weapons.

For poisons I guess I would define it like a disease, with an onset period, and specific damages against one or more of the stats. You also want to define forensics characteristics too.
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:25 AM

Gallery : 114
flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++

Quote:
4D if a crew hit was suffered from radiation weapons.
so, fast and strong, with limited medical response.
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:44 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Orr Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemall View Post
MGT both versions have poison and extensive radiation rules/play.

They're pretty good too. IIRC, DGP published some very detailed radiation exposure rules in an issue of Traveller Digest.

Quote:
CT Missile Supplement 3 had 4D if a crew hit was suffered from radiation weapons.
When I read that section I was impressed by how nasty they were. All three of the warheads which produce rad hits produce multiple rad hits upon interception/impact. IIRC, only 3 or 4 results on the starship table are crew hits and you're supposed to select who gets hit randomly. Bad rolls could see a lot of PCs killed.

Quote:
For poisons I guess I would define it like a disease, with an onset period, and specific damages against one or more of the stats. You also want to define forensics characteristics too.
We've got systems to "build" just about everything. Has there ever been a system to "build" a disease?
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:10 PM

kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr View Post
We've got systems to "build" just about everything. Has there ever been a system to "build" a disease?
Well not published per se, but I did in my QND (quick and dirty) Medical Drama thread.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...=medical+drama
Old March 15th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Orr Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemall View Post
Well not published per se, but I did in my QND (quick and dirty) Medical Drama thread.

Thank you.