Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old November 23rd, 2020, 05:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

You only switch bottles after the first one, when the party is somewhat inebriated and can't tell the difference.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 10:23 PM

kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliver988 View Post
Especially while in jump: depending on your view of maintenance and what else happens while in jump, there is probably a LOT of time. Perhaps the enjoyment of food and company happens

On another thread (the one about jump traditions) the one I started using is that the 1st meal post-jump is quite the lavish affair to celebrate the start of a week together. I would imagine it takes its time to be enjoyed. Kinda hard to enjoy swallowing a pill or eating oddly colored cubes of nutrient.

Bottom line: me too. Plus you actually need a certain amount of roughage and sheer volume for your body to work right.

I was figuring that there was a tradition of mid passage passengers cooking a meal for the high passage just for variety and traditionally getting some perks, like access for the one meal to higher end ingredients, or the high passage rooms have a special feature like workout gear or movie theater that the mid passage gets invited to share for a few hours.

Helps the atmosphere and entertains people, and gives the steward a meal off.

Hmm, just thought of the title- Steward's Buffet.
Old November 24th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

BRover Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile View Post
As a kid watching TOS I couldn't wait for food cubes to become available. Brightly-coloured cubes of homogenous foodstuff with no skin or bones or gristle, what's not to love?
We already have a versions of such foodstuffs, as described in Ian Frazier's Laws Concerning Food and Drink. . .

Quote:
Of the beasts of the field, and of the fishes of the sea, and of all foods that are acceptable in my sight you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the hoofed animals, broiled or ground into burgers, you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the cloven-hoofed animal, plain or with cheese, you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the cereal grains, of the corn and of the wheat and of the oats, and of all the cereals that are of bright color and unknown provenance you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the quiescently frozen dessert and of all frozen after-meal treats you may eat, but absolutely not in the living room. Of the juices and other beverages, yes, even of those in sippy-cups, you may drink, but not in the living room, neither may you carry such therein. Indeed, when you reach the place where the living room carpet begins, of any food or beverage there you may not eat, neither may you drink. (emphasis added)

Our Traveller Universes clearly are at variance. Blessed be the variance!
Old November 26th, 2020, 05:32 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

torus Citizen

A cup of basic is all you need after a rough low passage.
Old November 26th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

wbuthod Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by torus View Post
A cup of basic is all you need after a rough low passage.
Another line that makes me wish for a "like button".

Last edited by wbuthod; November 26th, 2020 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old November 26th, 2020, 02:22 PM

Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++