Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old February 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
The Oz Citizen
It's also possible to retrofit some things from MT or FFS/TNE, if you have them and go to the trouble of doing it.
Old February 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
robject,
What is the cost for an autodoc? (Don't have my book just now.) I think the "high-quality medical facility" would be some multiple of that.

What was your criteria for the cost of the pool? It would need some special systems to keep it from causing large problems if G went out. (See the original thread mentioned above.)

2-4601,
How many people does this yacht owner want around? Is this person king of their domain, with a couple dozen retainers? Or, is it more like yachts in spy movies, with only a few trusted batmen?

I ask because some of your space costs would imply a lot of folks, which increases (exponentially) the space required for the help associated with those spaces. Just a thought.
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:13 AM

Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+
Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz88:
2-4601,
How many people does this yacht owner want around? Is this person king of their domain, with a couple dozen retainers? Or, is it more like yachts in spy movies, with only a few trusted batmen?
It's a large yacht (600dton) marketed soley (sp?) to big-time corporate execs (the big "nobles" of MTU). The "king" example is similar - the exec would want to conduct his business from his yacht once in a system (meet with the local company officials/subordinates aboard it and so on), to be protected from assasination/sabotage/blackmail attempts done by rival corps (and thus about 8 "ship's troops", that is, corporate bodyguards armed to military standard, and 6 turrets), to enjoy his or her life while in jump space (hence the luxury facilities), to carry his family around when on "vacations" and to recieve top-quality medical care if the needs arises.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz88:
2-4601,
It's a large yacht (600dton) marketed soley (sp?) to big-time corporate execs (the big "nobles" of MTU). The "king" example is similar - the exec would want to conduct his business from his yacht once in a system (meet with the local company officials/subordinates aboard it and so on), to be protected from assasination/sabotage/blackmail attempts done by rival corps (and thus about 8 "ship's troops", that is, corporate bodyguards armed to military standard, and 6 turrets), to enjoy his or her life while in jump space (hence the luxury facilities), to carry his family around when on "vacations" and to recieve top-quality medical care if the needs arises.

Old February 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

hcobb Citizen
One odd place to look is GURPS Modular Cutter.

How about a modular Yacht that can be quickly reconfigured as a cargo or troop transport?
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

hcobb Citizen
One odd place to look is GURPS Modular Cutter.

How about a modular Yacht that can be quickly reconfigured as a cargo or troop transport?
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

RandyT0001 Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry J Cobb:
Look here at my cheapo design:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...Class%20Yacht/

Look in the modules folder for a merc module, a jump 2 module and a luxury module. Not much but a start.
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

RandyT0001 Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry J Cobb:
Look here at my cheapo design:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...Class%20Yacht/

Look in the modules folder for a merc module, a jump 2 module and a luxury module. Not much but a start.
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by robject:
I'd put a high-quality medical facility at 8 tons, or about the size of two staterooms, and at probably double the cost -- so MCr8.
Hmmm... this could also fit scientific labs. While cannon material (Lab Ship) gives a 50-ton laboratory a price tag of around MCr8, I'd say that this is a generic, relatively low-tech laboratory used on semi-exploratory ships near the frontier; an 4,000-ton cutting-edge research station (of the kind a corporation would probably hide in an especially crouded part of a planetoid belt) would probably have a much more expensive science-bay (atleast 1,000-ton and atleast MCr250); each lab submodule would mass 16 tons, require one labtech/scientist and cost MCr4, and the bay would thus consist of the equivalent of 62 such modules.

Old March 27th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by robject:
I'd put a high-quality medical facility at 8 tons, or about the size of two staterooms, and at probably double the cost -- so MCr8.
Hmmm... this could also fit scientific labs. While cannon material (Lab Ship) gives a 50-ton laboratory a price tag of around MCr8, I'd say that this is a generic, relatively low-tech laboratory used on semi-exploratory ships near the frontier; an 4,000-ton cutting-edge research station (of the kind a corporation would probably hide in an especially crouded part of a planetoid belt) would probably have a much more expensive science-bay (atleast 1,000-ton and atleast MCr250); each lab submodule would mass 16 tons, require one labtech/scientist and cost MCr4, and the bay would thus consist of the equivalent of 62 such modules.