Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
OOC Does Doc have any idea before this card what David does?
No; David has been onboard since Ostia (about 11 days), but has not spoken about business and has spent most of his time in his stateroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Taking a look at the card, Doc thanks David.
David Verchanski
VERCHANSKI SUPPLY SERVICES
Import/Export and Custom Manufacturing
Devonia City, Devonia (RD 3125)
[comm-code]

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma resets her alerts for any changes to the boards, and prepares for the day. She has two courier jobs today that will pay the rent for the week. Hopefully it will be the last week's rent she'll have to pay on Devonia. She dresses for business (and arms herself) and heads out.
Conveniently, both pickups are in the downtown area, 2 km inland from the ports and docks. One delivery is to a business office out on the northwest edge of the metro area, 10 km from downtown; the other delivery is about 25 km northeast from downtown, to a mining complex in the high hills sloping up to the mountains.

Did she arm herself with both pistols, or which one?

[OOC: The bore size of the .40 makes it sound like an autopistol, but otherwise the description sounds more like a body pistol. Which is it?]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: The bore size of the .40 makes it sound like an autopistol, but otherwise the description sounds more like a body pistol. Which is it?]
OOC: A .40, or 10mm bore would seem ideal for a snub pistol as well.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

The Bridge receives a comm-laser message from the port, confirming the ship's ETA and requesting that traffic control be contacted when the ship is within realtime conversation distance, to confirm orbital path and landing details. Customs inspection will be on the landing pad at the port, and you are instructed not to leave the ship until cleared.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Both men climb back over to the portside airlock on Quarters Deck and cycle through to the inside.

What next?
Henry is going to thank Gayne, and take his Vacc suit off in his quarters.

He is going to keep his Auto Snub pistol on under his coveralls, and leave the Blade on his belt.

Henry is going to check in with the bridge (where he will presumably hear about the change in plans) and go to see how he can help Max, with the specific goal of trying to get the maintenance 'bot up. He will mention to Max that he would be happy to cover any maintenance and work on the drives if Max wants to work on the 'bot. Henry would like to directly work on it, but lacks the skills. Ultimately, he will be happy to do whatever Max tells him to around Engineering.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:03 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
The Bridge receives a comm-laser message from the port, confirming the ship's ETA and requesting that traffic control be contacted when the ship is within realtime conversation distance, to confirm orbital path and landing details. Customs inspection will be on the landing pad at the port, and you are instructed not to leave the ship until cleared.
Hampton's on the bridge now.

Kalos should have the plots laid in for the trip to port so as long as we have half a tank (yes???), we scrub the scoop and just head in.

The time it takes to get there under a leisurely 1G should give us some time to get the maintenance schedules worked out, estimated costs, etc.., plus meet to discuss what we'll be doing once on the ground. I need to check the ship's books, first while Max gets a wishlist put together for the ship.

Once the course is set I head to the passenger's areas and see how Doc is doing with the sick ones and how the rest are doing generally. And let them know of our arrival time.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
The time it takes to get there under a leisurely 1G should give us some time to get the maintenance schedules worked out, estimated costs, etc.., plus meet to discuss what we'll be doing once on the ground. I need to check the ship's books, first while Max gets a wishlist put together for the ship.
I believe Kalos had the course figured at 3G for about 91 hours travel-time (w flipover and deceleration to make orbit).

Doing it at 1G would take about 160 hours (almost 7 days). If you want to change the course to allow for that, someone should send a new message to traffic control w revised course and revised ETA.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Ouch, no..make it 3G then. (mutter, mutter....somebody needs to remember to tell the captain these things beforehand...)

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Looking at the Business Card, Doc thanks David.
Quote:
David Verchanski
VERCHANSKI SUPPLY SERVICES
Import/Export and Custom Manufacturing
Devonia City, Devonia (RD 3125)
[comm-code]
'I will let the Captain know about this and you. We might want to do some business with you before we Jump again.'

'Do you enjoy a good stiff drink? I got some fresh Hard Cider I would be willing to share with you later, when you are feeling better.'

'Well, I best be off and tend to my other duties.'

Doc will leave David's room and make his way back to the crew area. Once there he will dispose of the gloves, go to his room and get some fresh socks and put some footwear.

Then he will check his brews. Once done, he will head up to the Bridge to see the Captain.
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:42 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

Quote:
I believe Kalos had the course figured at 3G for about 91 hours travel-time (w flipover and deceleration to make orbit).
[Max]
As the ship accelerates along the new course at 3G, Max can feel the almost imperceptible tremors of the Maneuver Drive and silently mumbles a curse to himself ... the Power Plant and Jump Drive have both been brought 100% up to date with their overdue maintenance (since nobody wants to risk a misjump), but the Maneuver Drive is only sort-of up to date. All of the critical maintenance was done, making it generally safe to run at 3G ... as in just in case we need to flee something bad ... but some of the self-monitoring safeties are no longer self-monitoring. That means one of the engineers will need to babysit the MD Main Control panel to manually watch for signs of trouble. It is going to be a long 91 hours.

As Max crosses the commons, he notices one of the lights flicker and sighs, 'another few days and that will be one more yellow alert that turns red' he mumbles to himself. 'Focus on the critical systems' he reminds himself as he hurries to monitor the MD panel in engineering.
Closed Thread