Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 7th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Rolling your Observation vs TN 3: (4d6)[5][5][3][5](18) 1 success...

As you pull out 2 sets of carboned invoices, you notice that they're sequential numbers, but otherwise identical, and the box count matches only A or B, not A+B.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

1:20pm, 9th of January 1887

Heading outside, a Naval Supply wagon is out front, beside the Highland Pride.

Poking his head into the cargo bay, the hatch of which was wide open, Carson finds a just delivered stack of assorted spares and ammunition for the cannon... and a Royal Marine Color Serjant with a screwdriver in hand kneeling at the mapping camera...

Where is McBean when all this happens?

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 7th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
As you pull out 2 sets of carboned invoices, you notice that they're sequential numbers, but otherwise identical, and the box count matches only A or B, not A+B.
As an NCO veteran of two campaigns, Carson has seen enough supply invoices to realize what is going on here. "The box count is short, right, Charley? Would you 'ave copies of what the Major and Leftenant ordered, so we can check the details of what should be here but in't?" Carson wishes he had some weapon other than the bayonet, in case the Color Sgt tries to make a break for it.

He glances back toward the house again. Where are the officers? Where is McBean, for that matter; this is his ship, he ought to be notified, even if he has no military authority.

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
He glances back toward the house again. Where are the officers? Where is McBean, for that matter; this is his ship, he ought to be notified, even if he has no military authority.
[According to Aramis's post in Chatter, it seems that most all of the upper rank PCs and NPCs are over at the cricket game (which I think is fairly nearby, as that is where our two guard Privates ran from). I hope that on finding none of them available in the Director's House, Smithers will either run to the cricket ground or run back to Carson for further instruction.]

[If Smithers comes back with Major Fellows, Lt McPhee, or Mr. McBean, then GOTO Part B below:]

[If Smithers comes back without any of the above, to seek further instruction, then see Part A followed by Part B:]

Part A:

If Smithers comes back for further instructions, Carson will point toward the cricket grounds. "They may all be over there. Try not to interrupt the Major as this cricket game seems important to 'im, but if you can get to Lt McPhee, tell 'im what's going on over 'ere an'... well, 'e's the officer, I guess 'e'll decide what to do, but see if you can get 'im to come back 'ere an' sort this all out. If not Lt McPhee, then Mr McBean... well, tell Mr McBean anyway, as it's 'is airship bein' messed with."

Carson will keep a close eye on Color Sgt Dennis. Dennis will be required (and ordered by Carson if necessary) to keep his hands in plain sight, and his mouth shut until the officers arrive.

If Dennis starts trying to talk his way out, threatening the Privates, or making any other move to escape, Carson will tell him to shut his mouth or be gagged, and will do it forcibly if necessary. If gagging is necessary, Carson will also ask someone to hand him some rope to tie Dennis's hands behind him, and will take the screwdriver from Dennis's pocket (showing it to all others around as witnesses) and search Dennis for any other weapons he may have.

If Dennis behaves himself and waits quietly for the officers to show up, then Carson will not manhandle, tie, or gag him but will just wait at parade rest (which incidentally places his own hands behind him, near his sheathed bayonet, should Dennis try any sudden violence). He will let Dennis keep his screwdriver in his pocket, so that it may be pointed out later when laying out the facts for the officers.

Part B:

When one or more of Major Fellows, Lt McPhee, or Mr McBean arrive, Carson will happily turn the decision-making over to them. However, before any move is made to possibly release Color Sgt Dennis, Carson will inform the deciding officer of what he saw of Dennis messing with the camera, of Dennis's attempt to hide the screwdriver, and of Dennis's refusal to provide his name or orders. Carson will also prompt Lance Sgt Charley to show the invoices and explain their significance. If possible, Carson will prompt for Dennis to be held under arrest and restrained until all the facts can be determined.

Also:

Carson will take his first opportunity (either before or after the officers arrive, but not taking his attention off Dennis) to ask the two Privates who their Sergeant is (actually hoping it might be the mystery Sgt Major who is apparently lurking somewhere behind Carson), as Carson wants to request a few men to maintain constant guard on the airship until final liftoff.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 7th, 2014 at 10:19 PM..
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:21 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Quote:
[*]McBean is either at the match (line of sight, but not hearing), or inside changing, or standing nearby. Lluís, your call.
Having been in his lab working and studying the maps, McBean hears all the noise and goes to the hold.

"What in the hell is happening here?" he asks, seing Sgt Dennis cowed and watched by Carson and some privates. "Why there's so many people in the hold? There's no way to work with all this noise."

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
Having been in his lab working and studying the maps, McBean hears all the noise and goes to the hold.

"What in the hell is happening here?" he asks, seing Sgt Dennis cowed and watched by Carson and some privates. "Why there's so many people in the hold? There's no way to work with all this noise."
[EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post earlier. I guess I woke up and checked online and took medicine right before you posted, then have been sleeping all day. ]

[The people are actually all standing on the ground right outside the open cargo hatch; however, McBean probably heard the noise of Carson ordering the Marine to come out, and the occasional yells and loud discussion right outside the hold.]

Carson stands to attention, as he has decided is the correct way to address his non-military temporary commanding officer. "Sir! I discovered this man," points to Color Sgt Dennis, "inside the 'old of the Highland Pride, kneeling down by the base of the mapping camera and doin' somethin' with a screwdriver, then 'e tried to hide the screwdriver when I caught 'im. I 'ave detained 'im under arrest until the Major can decide what to do with 'im. I also sent Smithers searching for you, sir, as we was not aware that you were onboard the airship. Do you 'ave any further orders, sir?"

Also:

Carson will take his first opportunity (either before or after the officers arrive, but not taking his attention off Dennis) to ask the two Privates who their Sergeant is (actually hoping it might be the mystery Sgt Major who is apparently lurking somewhere behind Carson), as Carson wants to request a few men to maintain constant guard on the airship until final liftoff.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 8th, 2014 at 09:20 PM..
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

[I'm waiting on others to chime in if they are in scene. Won't be logging in tomorrow till late due to FTF game.]

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:48 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog

"Well done, Sargent" McBean answers to Carson. "So, what do we have here? A saboteur? Do you know how saboteurs are treated, Colour?" he says, looking at Dennis.

"Let's take him out of the ship to somewhere he can be in close watch before he can damage anything" he orders to the privates. "And call McPee so that he can review the cameras to ases if any damage has been done." He turns to Carson "i agree with you thie ship should be guarded, and I guess we can wait the match to finish before telling all this to the Major, but it seems there is someone interested in our mission to fail".

Old February 9th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
[I'm waiting on others to chime in if they are in scene. Won't be logging in tomorrow till late due to FTF game.]
[I believe Henri Dubois was going to play in the cricket game, so might notice commotion if Smithers is over there trying to find Lt McPhee.]

[Messieur Tunnaud is inside the Director's House finishing his custard, but might also be attracted by Smithers running in and out.]

[Davey Lawson of the Cornishman was last seen at the dinner table scribbling notes, don't know where he intended to go after that, but either way might be attracted by the yelling.]

[Bill Carson is outside the ship keeping Color Sgt Dennis from going anywhere, and Rory McBean is inside the ship, having just come out of his lab to see what all the commotion was about.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old February 9th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
"Well done, Sargent" McBean answers to Carson. "So, what do we have here? A saboteur? Do you know how saboteurs are treated, Colour?" he says, looking at Dennis.

"Let's take him out of the ship to somewhere he can be in close watch before he can damage anything" he orders to the privates. "And call McPee so that he can review the cameras to ases if any damage has been done." He turns to Carson "i agree with you thie ship should be guarded, and I guess we can wait the match to finish before telling all this to the Major, but it seems there is someone interested in our mission to fail".
[Sgt Carson, Color Sgt Dennis, the two Privates, and Lance Sgt Charley are actually all standing on the ground right outside the open cargo hatch; however, McBean probably heard the noise of Carson ordering the Marine to come out, and the occasional yells and loud discussion right outside the hold.]

"Sir! I 'ave 'im secured 'ere awaitin' the Major or Leftenant, as I don't know as I want to 'ave 'im bound or chained on me own authority. Also, keepin' 'im 'ere gives 'im less chance to try an' mess w' evidence, such as ditchin' that screwdriver you might notice in 'is pocket there," pointing at it. "or claimin' 'at we moved anything about. There is also th' issue of some paperwork an' invoices tha' 'e were messin' wi', an' apparently a shortage in the supplies he were to deliver... Lance Sgt Charley 'ere can speak better to that, as 'e were the un sendin' orders out on behalf of the Major from this end."

"I've sent Corporal Smithers to find Lt McPhee to inform 'im of the situation, wi' th' expectation 'e'd want to come and look."

Carson faces directly one of the two Privates. "Private, who is your Sergeant, and where might I find 'im? I would like to see about 'aving a guard stationed 'ere at the airship until we leave."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)