Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old December 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
tbeard1999 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablewyvern View Post
I may have a possible solution to your concerns, tbeard, that maintains Timing/Effect, but skews the odds in favour of better results on easier tasks, and worse results on harder tasks. As a bonus, it also removes the need to ever apply modifiers to Effect -- you just read the natural value.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ph...=469247#469247
That was one of my attempted fixes, and it failed. Besides adding another level of fussiness to an already fussy mechanic, the statistics are still unpalatable.

A marginal result occurs only 1/3 as often as an excellent result (13% vs 33%). And requiring the lowest roll to be the effect virtually guarantees that the timing result will be a 5 or 6 (93.3%).

Seems to me you're going to a lot of effort to salvage a defective, clumsy and fussy mechanic that seems hardly worth the effort. Perhaps the effort would be better expended on a more useful replacement.