Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Play By Post - In Character

Play By Post - In Character For in character play and digression.

Closed Thread

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Blue Ghost has disabled reputation
Default Dragons Bane

Okay, first a little bit of OOC; (I've not done this since I was in engineering school, and I can't remember all of what I did nor what was done, but, without much adieu...)

Shay's Lounge and Grill
Downport Facility
Jewell, Jewell, 1101, 020, 18:35PM local

The air at Shay's lounge is vibrant with music and sports' feeds from all over the world. Pilots and spacers of all sorts mingle, carouse, exchange stories, laugh, argue, and engage in one-upmanship with one another. One group seated at a table at the far end laughs, then goes back to casual conversation. A group of pilots cheer the grav-ball match on the main screen, then boo when a referee blows a call. A shapley attractive woman in a skin tight jumpsuit with long dark hair politely smiles at the marine assault craft pilot trying to buy her a drink.

Of the over hundred patrons in the lounge, one man is arguing with the automated vendor behind the bar.

"But this is all I've got! Don't you understand?"

The robot is nothing but a pile of circuits and servos encased in plastic and metal with some sensors that give it a loose human like appearance; "I understand you very well, sir, but we cannot take precious metals as an exchange for goods and services."

"It's just gold! It's not even worth that much!" the pilot retorts.

The portly and muscular barkeep wanders over to investigate the exchange. "What's the problem?"

"Your thing here won't take coins."

The barkeep takes the coin and examines it. A crown and sword on one side, and a winged serpent on the other. "I don't know what this is or where you got it, but it's not Imperial. Can't take it. You can always exchange currency from anyplace in Vanguard at the starport terminal. They'll give you a good rate."

The pilot is exasperated, "All I want is a drink. Can't a guy shell out a little gold to quench his thirst?"

Last edited by Blue Ghost; February 3rd, 2013 at 01:06 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.
Closed Thread