Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old July 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
BetterThanLife Citizen
Question

OK silly question. An ACR does 1D12+2 damage. If you fire a 4 round burst at someone and use the burst to increase damage instead of hit, is it now 3D12+2 or 3D12+6? (With each of the +2s going to one die for armor damage reduction.) If it is 3D12+2 then what happens to the +2 when dealing with armor ratings?

(Notice that the Assault Rifle and the ACR are the only two that have this problem, an oversight in playtesting?)
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

RickA Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to RickA
Likely an oversight. Lots of them in the book.

In my game it's 3d12+2, since the books says it increases dice of damage, not multiplies the damage done. If it was triple damage, then 3d12+6 would apply but that's not really the case.

Armor ratings. Good question, but I run it so that they total up all the damage, apply that to stamina, then start removing dice values from that total to determine the lifeblood damage. In my case that means that +2 always gets to go to the lifeblood basically.
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:50 PM

Savar Citizen
hmmm, for the armor question. I would think that the + would count after damage is reduced unless it would be reduced to Zero then you would keep subtracting from the +.

I don't know about the damage incress I would have to read, every other version of d20 (that I have seen) the + is NOT multiplied. and the wording dice of damage I would say it would incress the number of dice not the +.
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM

BetterThanLife Citizen
OK so basically it stays +1 or +2 and comes off once you run out of dice. (Firing an ACR on 4 round burst against TL12 combat armor yielding a 3, 6 and 9 (+2) for a total of 20 points of damage. Stamina takes 20 points, the AR7 removes the 3 and the 6 leaving 11 points of damage, reduced by 5 (remaining points of AR) to a total of 6 points of Lifeblood damage.

I can live with that.
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM

Savar Citizen
[img]smile.gif[/img]
works nice
Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:40 AM

BetterThanLife Citizen
Actually it isn't that nice, but if it applies to everyone, and since it only applies to two weapons, I can live with it. It, like Radiation Damage needs a fuller explaination in the rules.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:07 AM

RickA Citizen
Was working through some of the Darwin's World mutated monsters last night and noticed one does 5d12+12 damage.

In T20 that is BRUTAL damage. The +12 on the end of that just about guarantees that even a well armored human is going to be eaten in one chomping bite.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

LeLoup Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by RickA:
Was working through some of the Darwin's World mutated monsters last night and noticed one does 5d12+12 damage.

In T20 that is BRUTAL damage. The +12 on the end of that just about guarantees that even a well armored human is going to be eaten in one chomping bite.
Actually I'd say that anything that does that sort of damage in a d20 game is pretty brutal and intened to be a killer! (or avoided ) [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]
------------------------------------
He who hesitates is rarely lost, provided that he spends his hesitation in constructive thought.
I hesitated.

[Granger; Hooded Swan]
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:36 AM

RickA Citizen
Oh, I agree, Andy. Always odd and difficult moving from one system to another though. Darwin's World is based more or less on D20 Modern instead of T20 so Stamina and Lifeblood are not the assumptions being made when they designed their "monsters".

5d12 damage is rough enough, but when you add +12 on the end that means that even a well armored T20 character (maybe an AR of 10?) is going to take, on average 13 lifeblood? I think? Maybe my math his wrong on that. [img]smile.gif[/img]