Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old September 14th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
MongooseMatt Citizen+MongooseMatt Citizen+
Default (Mongoose) Darrians Out Now!

Two new books are winging their way from our warehouse to your local stores this week, one for Traveller and one for Corporation.

Alien Module 3: Darrians

This Alien Module explores the mysterious and enigmatic Darrians and their domain within the Spinward Marches. With access to incredible technologies, including the apocalyptic and legendary Star Trigger, the Darrians have nonetheless only a relatively small empire, far from the Third Imperium.

Alien Module 3 covers shows you how to create Darrian characters, and explores their psychology, culture, society and technology. New Darrian ships are featured, and every world within their domain is fully detailed, allowing your characters to walk on their surfaces and visit their peoples.

For more information, visit;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ho....php?qsID=1809

Incorporated Volume 1

Incorporated Volume 1 is a collection of pieces which were either produced as PDF only, available in Signs & Portents or have been written for the game but were not appropriate to the theme of existing books.

*New rules for crashing vehicles, permanent wounds, martial arts, calling in backup, cyberlin psychosis and reducing the power of NPC cannon fodder.
*A style generator with hundreds of clothing options, hairstyles, tatoos, quirks and oddities.
*New playable corporations including BobCo and Kalari
*A range of in depth missions
*A selection of new NPCs
*And much more....

For more information, visit;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ho....php?qsID=1829

Stay tuned for details of our Corporation Open Day on October 23rd!
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Jame Citizen

And Some Day I Shall OWN A Copy Of Darrians!
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM

ThunderChilde Citizen
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChilde Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderChilde

Got mine Sunday at my FLGS here in Delaware, so it is out on this side of the pond.

I've given it a cursury read and while I'm not feeling any buyers remorse, there are some things in it that don't jibe right for me. When I get a chance to read it at one sitting not snatched moments over 2 days I'll post again.

There I was surrounded by friends, alone with my dice, when suddenly.....

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Unapologetic supporter of MGT, warts and all.

A computer once beat me at Chess, but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:17 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Spike Citizen

I like the cover art, and have ever since I first saw it (in RQII... bah, with no title), but the more I've learned about Darrians as a race the less appealing the book is in general.

Though apparently there is a discussion of torpedo boat doctrine therein, which is a plus for me.
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+

So ... has Mongoose resolved the question of whether the Darrians are "Elves in Space" or just a watered-down translation of Gene Roddenberry's Vulcans?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM

ThunderChilde Citizen
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChilde Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderChilde

Gee Keklas write political polls much?

The answer is neither. Do they value knowledge and education? Yes. Are they unemotional, no not in the least. Are they different than any other human culture, yes. Do they enjoy a well designed, built to last comfortable to use technology, yes. Do they live in trees, no. Are they the grand result of an experiment set up and left to run by an Ancient, yes.

Wanna know more? Buy a copy or find someone who has one. I know your position on Darrians already, no point in saying more.

There I was surrounded by friends, alone with my dice, when suddenly.....

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Unapologetic supporter of MGT, warts and all.

A computer once beat me at Chess, but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing

Last edited by ThunderChilde; September 22nd, 2010 at 08:17 AM..
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+

Ok where did the Nobles go? Darrians have Nobility, Sure it's not a Hereditary Aristocracy, but it's still a Noble Class that's at the top of the Feudal Technocracy that is the Confederation.

You make it in buy being honoured for Excellence in your Profession or Field of Study, or by studying Government.

or has this piece of Darrian Culture bean edited out to placate the sensibilities of members of the Readership?
Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Pete Nash Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brad View Post
You make it in buy being honoured for Excellence in your Profession or Field of Study, or by studying Government.
Try p5/6 perhaps.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+

some what vague referring to Academic Honours, where's the data on the Order of Darrian (CT AM6 p.20)?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brad View Post
some what vague referring to Academic Honours, where's the data on the Order of Darrian (CT AM6 p.20)?
Try GT:Humaniti.

Hans