Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
iron warrior Citizen
Default 2300 scenarios?

Anyone know of any good, free scenarios available for 2300? I'd like to borrow one to run as a convention game for a rpg very similar to 2300 that doesn't have a lot of published adventures.
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM

Gallery : 2
Peter Schutze Citizen

most if not all of the 2300 challenge adventures were up on the web last time i looked (before geocities died)

otherwise Id recommend paying a couple of dollars and buying the pdf of an adventure .... arcturus station for an aliens style game or ranger for a cowboys & mystery style are my favourites.

Energy Curve wins for nostalgia but i lost the dozens of pages of stuff I wrote that I thought should have been in the adventuresince the book as presented is almost all setting and little actual "do this"
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:00 AM

iron warrior Citizen

I've been brainstorming and am thinking of an idea based loosely on a classic roger corman SF/horror flick called "Galaxy of terror".

NO, I WILL NOT HAVE A' RAPED TO DEATH BY GIANT MAGGOT' SCENE IN THE SCENARIO!!!

The idea is the players are sent to rescue a team of scientists that were investigating some ancient site (Not the traveller ancients, another lost ancient race of advanced beings.) and discover the site was a type of "rite of passage" for the ancients, where their youth went to basically satiate their primitive urges until they were no longer interested in them, at which point they were mature enough to receive a measure of power and responsibility.

The site still functions, and even works with humans. Most of the scientists are dead, having died thru excessive indulgence. One survivor seems to have overcame his primitive urges and has been given vast knowledge and some power by the site. He claims he'll be of great benefit to society, but should the players take him home?

That's the gist I have so far, I need to put some meat on the bones. I mean, I have a story, now I need some parts where the players get to do stuff. And a title...
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Citizen: SOC-8

cdward Citizen
Default Scenarios

Try Pentapod's World of 2300AD which has all the Challenge ones.
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

For a Con game, I would steal something from Pandorium - clean, nice and either way the resolution closes the game. You just need to get a map of friggin' big starship. I would use the Odyssey from 2001 - Star Frontiers product which you can find freely available on the web.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM

iron warrior Citizen

Thanks, kaf.

BTW, looking for a big friggin' starship map? Uh, may I suggest...http://www.btinternet.com/~salvo/tra.../deckplans.pdf

Last edited by iron warrior; February 16th, 2011 at 08:39 PM..
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Sanjuro Citizen

Nice one IW; I especially like how in the sickbay (deck 10?) one of the nurses' stations means sitting with your back to the patient in the bed at the 12 o'clock position. I can already see the alien-infected crew member rising silently from that bed!