Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old July 11th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Lightbulb Travels Down Memory Lane

Just had some interesting experience I thought I'd share. Dunno if this will have the same effect for all y'all, or I'm just weird bc of my damaged memory indexes from brain surgery January 2015, and subsequently not hanging around here from then until a few months ago.

Anyway, here 'tis:

Click your own username to go to your Profile (or use the User CP dropdown menu, whatever). Click the Statistics tab. Under the Total Posts heading, click Find All Threads Started by [username]. Browse through the old stuff, conversations that you've forgotten even happened. Up come the memories of friends in days past, some still around, some just not here anymore, some [too many! ] moved on to the Absent Friends list.

Maybe it's just me. Being disabled, I have time on my hands. I don't get out much, so friends here are a significant portion of friends total (is it weird to think in Venn diagrams?). But anyway, I found it a moving experience and wanted to share.

PS: If you don't tend to be a thread starter, there's also the link for Find All Posts by [username], to just look back at stuff you've posted in past years. Even though the link says it is to find your own posts, it actually lets you read the whole thread to see what everybody else wrote, which is kinda the point.

GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.