Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old July 7th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation
Default Mapping the Local Arm

The "Local Arm" is the galactic arm, in the middle of which Charted Space sits.

I've traced sectors along the Great Rift rimward to the "Great Abyss" region (or whatever you want to call it) halfway to the edge of the arm, but haven't gone further.

Today, though, I started thinking about the rimward border of the local arm. What does it look like? A flat demarcation between "regular density" and "extra rift density"? Or a gradual but regular decrease in density, over the space of a few sectors, until we're in the rift?

I think I like to keep my options open: it can be like it is in the Great Rift with sudden "dropoffs", but could also be gradual, depending on what you want.

I also think that that edge is not a straight line running through the sectors. I tend to prefer that it is rather irregular, with sector-sized dips and promontories, making for varied and interesting "terrain".

Thoughts?
Tools Link

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.