Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Just filling out Library Data on Kaduggur. Not a real important place, but a nearby system that y'all might pass through. Had fun figuring out what the place would be like, with Cold climate, 10% Hydro, Very Thin atmo, and Pop of 1K.

From the short intro:
Quote:
Kaduggur is a Poor, Non-Agricultural, Non-Industrial, Extreme Environment, Cold world. It is a tough place to live, and a tough place to survive. Recommended gear for going outside is a vaccsuit or combat armor, but many of the residents cannot afford those and have to get by with bundling up as best they can in cold-weather clothing, with a compressor/respirator adjusted to warm up the cold, very thin air to something breathable. The residents eke out a meager living with mining operations.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 17th, 2013 at 11:32 PM..
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Some place where it's hard to tell the women from the men? (Oh come on, because of the furs and face masks they all wear! Get your mind out of the gutter!)
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

I'm going to be out of action until Thursday - I have a model club dinner and meeting tonight to plan for the show this weekend, and tomorrow I have an MRI. The MRI means I will be doped to the gills before, during, and even after since whenever I have to have one it is like being buried alive.

but this makes time for Donoma's thing and if anyone else wants to do anything (like go hang with Sgt. Blaser or something) before we leave Devonia. Which I'm kinda eager to do since this place's climate is giving Hampton a rash.

Ship's Wish List:

Real armor for everyone so they don't risk getting holes in their vacc suit.
Turret
Pulse Lasers
Some software

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

I made a change on Trade & Commerce Speculative Goods table, changing the base price of Heavy Metals from Cr20M to Cr10M. We decided that these are metals that are necessary for making crystaliron for ship hulls and military vehicle armor, probably not as rare as Lanthanum but more in demand, hence the higher price, but I still couldn't see the Cr20M, so changed it to Cr10M. (You might need to hit Refresh to see the change, as I left the image name the same.)
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
The MRI means I will be doped to the gills before, during, and even after since whenever I have to have one it is like being buried alive.
UGH! Sympathy and prayers for you, compadre. I HATE those things, they make me claustrophobic, although not quite so bad the last two as they have been drugging me like you said.

OK, we'll plan on a pretty slow week, depending on what Fritz does w Donoma/Wallis thing.

This will also give me some time to look over what I wrote on Nexus, maybe get some maps ready, plan a few plot hooks. (BTW, I'm really looking forward to when we finish this current chapter and I can give kind of a post mortem - it's a hoot!)

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Urlaqqash

More world development, this time on Urlaqqash, home of the variant Human race the Urlekki, and namesake of this subsector.

From the short intro:
Quote:
Urlaqqash, which gives its name to this subsector, is best known as home to a variant human species, the Urlekki, who were transplanted here approximately 300,000 BC by the Ancients. The Urlekki were still divided into competing nation-states and had achieved Tech Level 8 when they were contacted in xxxx by Terran Confederation military scouts during the Interstellar Wars. This brief contact caused a major cultural and religious upheaval in most parts of the world, as their dominant culture lacked any concept of intelligent beings in other starsystems, much less other Humans like themselves. Urlaqqash was re-contacted during the Rule of Man, and since then some Urlekki nations and corporations have purchased starships and improved insystem drives from traders from higher TL worlds, but the Urlekki overall remain at TL 8 and lack the capacity to build starships of their own. The primary starport for the mainworld is a highport built and maintained by Vishnugilii Corporation, connecting to downports of varying quality in different nations on the world's surface. Due to varying reactions of local cultures to offworlders, caution is advised for travellers.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 17th, 2013 at 11:29 PM..
Old September 17th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Another example of the hazard of mass random-generation of star systems.

Currently working on Olympus Belt (RD 3021) C000564-A.

Problem: the PBG for the system is listed as 604. Anybody else see a problem there?

[I went through and changed it to 614 in all references I could find - hope I didn't miss any!]

From the short intro:
Quote:
There is some mining in Olympus Belt, but its main source of income is as a transit point for traffic to/from Khakhan (RD 3220) and points to spinward and rimward. The Trading Post is nominally owned by mercantile interests on Khakhan, but as Khakhan is at TL 2 those owners lack the technological knowledge to operate it, and all operations are subcontracted out to Vishnugilii Corporation.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 17th, 2013 at 11:27 PM..
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Rockin' along with detailing of Khakhan (RD 3220).

From the short intro:
Quote:
Khakhan is something of an oddity for interstellar traders to deal with: a Rich, High-Population world with Tech Level of only 2 (Renaissance). Khakhan suffered heavily from wars among its own balkanized nations during the early years of Twilight, and later from Reaver attacks which destroyed the centers of knowledge and learning. Due to its out-of-the-way astrographic location, re-contact did not occur until xxxx, when a trader from Daibei Sector consulted some old Library Data and wondered what had ever happened to that Rich, High-Population world and went to check it out. Currently, most interstellar contact and trade is through the orbital highport known as Khakhan Market, as many people on the planet still do not know that any interstellar civilization exists.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 18th, 2013, 12:33 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Could it be it was one of those "S" mainworlds? They turn into asteroid belts, but any automated system still sees them as a "S" and doesn't count them as a belt. (Especially if it just counts the result of the belts roll.)
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Could it be it was one of those "S" mainworlds? They turn into asteroid belts, but any automated system still sees them as a "S" and doesn't count them as a belt. (Especially if it just counts the result of the belts roll.)
Listed as an asteroid belt, 000 physical stat. I suspect their program for rolling PBG just didn't consider the "mainworld" when counting Belts.

These were worlds from the Keith Brothers' Reavers' Deep materials; I don't know who added the PBG data. I got the whole SEC data from Travellermap.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread