Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Closed Thread

Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
mbrinkhues Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinwardpirate View Post
Enough for me that it didn't meet my expectations. I want stuff that's on a level with the color plates in an Osprey Vanguard series book.
Well, you get what you pay for. And given the price/size factor of the Osprey books you'd have to pay a LOT more for HS to get that quality. Quick look at Amazon:

HS = 200 pages for 30
Osprey Medival Armies = 48 pages for 12 (and it's a smaller format!)

So a HS in that quality comes in around 65, well past the money most people will play for a single supplement that needs at least another book to use.
Engineers time estimate: The software will be done March 15th, 11:14:36.... What do you mean \"what year\"?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
scrabble

Gallery :

To quote the petunias: "Oh no, not again"
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 23
Visit spinwardpirate's Blog
spinwardpirate Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrinkhues View Post
Well, you get what you pay for.
I dunno... we get a lot of cool stuff for free around here!
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gal...ECKPLAN107.jpg
Dang!

My Reenacting and Roleplaying Site
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM

spinwardpirate Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
Every time I see this signature, I feel the urge to post the response that springs to my mind every time I see it. I'm finally succumbing to the temptation:

Grizzled Oldtimer: "That's nothing, kid. I've been to places so dull we had to bring our own rocks."
hahaha... okay, you get one of these...
http://instantrimshot.com/

Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM

spinwardpirate Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Exactly. I have all of them, save the very latest. Even his B&W deckplans are incredible.
They are very nice. I'm a cartographer by trade... I wish I could make stuff like that. I need to practice more with these new-fangled computer thingies.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM

Jame Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderAP View Post
Thats true,

I'm looking at the front cover of the Mongoose Oct-Nov catalogue, its a picture of a Vargr, and its rather cool, I like it,

At least this line does have some good artwork, not alot, not alot by along way, but some, now if they could only sort the wheat from the chaff
I agree - and when I saw that catalogue cover, my response was, "so those aren't horns, but ears!."

Though I still seem to be in the minority who liked the art in the first printing of the TMB (the new stuff is good but I'm not trading in until I can do it for free). The ships in it aren't all great but the Gazelle and the Broadsword are good.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM

MongooseMatt Citizen+MongooseMatt Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
...Why do you keep doing this? Every so often you pop up in the Mongoose forum and fire off some sort of criticism at Mongoose Traveller.
S4 and Brinksey do seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about a game they profess never to play and not to like. I always thought they were latent MgT players. . .
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Yes, I do think that Mongoose did go a little crazy with the whole deckplans issue. But, remember folks, it we the fans who asked for more deckplans. And, I yes, I do hate the errors that creep into them plus the redundancy issue. And, they would have been better served if they went the way of realistic deckplans a la Ryan Wolfe/Ki-Ryn Studios.

But, some hicups, notwithstanding, it is still way cooler than some of the newer Traveller art or CGI stuff that is out there in the larger RPG market.

However, I do urge all fans to contribute what they think should be the Traveller look on the Mongoose thread entitled Colin's Inspirational Traveller Art.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

PathfinderAP Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinwardpirate View Post
I dunno... we get a lot of cool stuff for free around here!
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gal...ECKPLAN107.jpg
Dang!
Hey, thats not bad
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM

spinwardpirate Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderAP View Post
At least this line does have some good artwork
I like some of the art in the pocket edition so much (specifically, the new art in the careers section) that I'm tempted to buy it just because.

Closed Thread