Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
At least Nexus, as an artificial environment, runs on shiptime, so you've got a week or more to get back on that sleep schedule.
[OOC: What "ship time"? "Ship time" is totally arbitrary. They could be 12 hours out from us when we get there. Or, are you assuming a galactic "at the tone, the current time will be 12:15"? ]
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
[OOC: What "ship time"? "Ship time" is totally arbitrary. They could be 12 hours out from us when we get there. Or, are you assuming a galactic "at the tone, the current time will be 12:15"? ]
Yes, actually I am. Something to do with keeping time via pulsars, same as keeping dates synchronized. Would it not be that precise?

Anyway, yeah, in this TU there is a set time/date for those who want to use it - doesn't work out so well w planets which have their own day/night schedules, especially if not conveniently on 24 hour rotation as Devonia was.

I think I wrote previously that ships actually use GMT, although they don't call it that or even know the origin of it.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Oh, and thank you for the extended RP opportunity there, SB - that was great.
We aims to please!
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
the same thing happened in simulated shooting with simunition.
What is simunition? Like lasers or paintballs?

PS: You should get online now. I have had one of my worst headaches in awhile today, plus the ears-ringing and general facial-nerves stuff, so my wife has me loaded up w max doses of abt everything I am allowed to have. We could make jokes abt unicorns and rhinos and stuff. And fairy clouds w Dronye as the fairies.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Oops, crap, I need to stop posting tonight. Dang Mod power confuse, me, and I was trying to reply to one of Fritz's posts about lasers but I think I just edited it instead. Any sort of Undo function fo fix that or is it just lost?

Sorry, Fritz.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes, actually I am. Something to do with keeping time via pulsars, same as keeping dates synchronized. Would it not be that precise?
That's right, we did discuss it. I just don't see why. In a world of instantaneous communications, it makes sense to have a universal time. The only reason to do it elsewhere would be that wonderful Vilani excuse: "That's the way we've always done it!"

Quote:
Oops, crap, I need to stop posting tonight. Dang Mod power confuse, me, and I was trying to reply to one of Fritz's posts about lasers but I think I just edited it instead. Any sort of Undo function fo fix that or is it just lost?

Sorry, Fritz.
I don't think there is a way to undo it, but go ahead and report the post, asking that question. (Actually, I'll do that for you.)
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

No, there is no "undo edit" function on VB 3.8 that I can find that doesn't roll back the whole board.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, in this TU there is a set time/date for those who want to use it - doesn't work out so well w planets which have their own day/night schedules, especially if not conveniently on 24 hour rotation as Devonia was.
Such worlds would use their own systems for their on-world purposes and the Gregorian Calendar for interstellar purposes.

Quote:
I think I wrote previously that ships actually use GMT, although they don't call it that or even know the origin of it.
How about IST ('Imperial Standard Time'[*]). The Second Imperium, of course.
[*] Or 'Interstellar Standard Time' as some Politically Correct people insist it stands for.
Though I could argue for people using 'GMT' and knowing the origin perfectly well. Why shouldn't they? IF, that is, the Rule of Man used it. To me that's the unknown fact that it really boils down to. What did the RoM use?

Hans
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
The other crazy thing she was thinking of - again, if she had some actual gunnery skill - was the idea of modulating the laser into the visible light range, and lowering the power, then shining it into the cockpit to blind the pilot. Not really a good solution since there are way too many moving parts and too many places the referee might say "uh, no."
Not so much lack of skill as I just don't think weapon lasers are set up for that kind of variability. Maybe two or three basic settings to give laternatives if enemy is doing something to defeat or diminish your laser - like they have something bright red that is reflecting most of your red-spectrum laser, you can switch to blue or rainbow or something. Plus sin't there something w blue lasers being better to penetrate below surface of water? But the kind of stuff you're talking about would be some pretty tough Electronics work - or maybe not possible, I dunno, do different wavelength lasers need totally different crystals? I don't think you adjust that kind of thing at the gunnery station, no matter how skilled.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
I don't think there is a way to undo it, but go ahead and report the post, asking that question. (Actually, I'll do that for you.)
I looked at it again and found Sabredog's post to which you were replying, and then found a complete quote of your post below that, so I think I have it all fixed back the way it was before I messed it up.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread