Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old July 11th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Default LBB:0 Hidden Setting

A thread over at rpg.net about Traveller's failed promise had me browsing through LBB:0.

I was stunned to find a setting I had forgotten all about. It is in the chapter about campaigns which details how a referee can make up a setting:
Quote:
The subsector is located on the fringe of the Moladon Federation, a loose organization of 300+ worlds governed by a federation council. Half the worlds in the subsector are in the federation, the rest are petty one or two world nations. The federation is currently in a period of stasis, between expansions, but plans to eventually absorb all worlds on its borders. The last war was over a century ago. but minor skirmishes are constantly taking place, especially between the larger outer states. Tech levels within the federation are between 5 and 12; outside they are between 1 and 9. Federation naval power is just strong enough to supress piracy within the borders, and there is a great deal of local planetary autonomy.
The chapter goes on to give guidance as to how the referee can generate the worlds of this frontier subsector.

I'm wondering if anyone ever based their own campaign on this snippet of a setting?

I would probably start by changing the name of the federation...

An alternative question is if anyone is intrigued enough to fill in additional details for this setting?

edit - thanks to timerover51 for the page reference "It is on the bottom of page 28 and top of page 29 in Book 0: Introduction to Traveller."

Last edited by mike wightman; July 13th, 2019 at 03:51 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.