Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old January 9th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 0
Spyder_GS Citizen
I have, in my mixed-genre TU, a bunch of gearheads for players. They are constantly tinkering with their toys. One of which happens to be your prototypical scout ship. Now, while T20 does have some provision for swapping out components, it really doesn't have a whole lot for modding the ships to your party's taste after the fact. (WEG's Star Wars did this really well by allowing characters to assign some of their xp to their ship)
Having heard the plaintive and somewhat whiny cries of my players I decided that perhaps the time had come to institute a system like this.

The first thing I did was institute jump speed modifiers (like Star Wars). Then I allowed them to dump xp into the ship to improve the jump drive rating by .05 per 1000xp. Fastest possible: .045 (perhaps a feat later on will allow a faster speed).

This obviously throws a curveball at the dynamics of the Traveller economy for the small ship traders.

My question for you all is: are there any other ship mods that you can think of that are going to be this straightforward to implement? Dinking with maneuver drives (something I want to do eventually) will throw a monkeywrench into combat so it's out for now...Oh, and any mods need to be accomplished without major yard time and minimal new parts (though raiding the spares bin is fair game).

Thanks

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.