Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Contact!

Contact! Submit your favorite original Minor Alien Races for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old July 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Nathan Brazil Citizen+Nathan Brazil Citizen+
Default Neighbors of the Ancients

Looking into a few sources, I have come across other aliens that exist in the OTU back during the times of the Ancients:

MT Knightfall
Primordials - Yep, the slugs who bored themselves to extinction. Oh, yea, there's that relativity pistol.

MgT Campaign 1: Secrets of the Ancients
Varsheen - Nothing is mentioned of them other than they have a "Varsheen Caliphate’s fleet", perphaps Caliphate being an implication of the nature of their empire. (The Ancients are TL 16-19 at the time of contact).
Thao - hostile species of gastropod-like (snail-like) creatures, who are at war with the Ancients Empire due to a recent border dispute. The Thao have only recently hit TL14 (The Ancients are TL 16-19 at the time of contact).
Dyapyuse - self-replicating spacecraft and drones with telepathy. Their ship's armor consists of individual black globe cells, so if one globe is overloaded only that cell is destroyed and not the entire ship (The Ancients are TL 18-21 at this time).
Artificial Intelligence - Admittedly, a species created by the Droyne. They recognize that organics may fear them. They have learned patience due to this and the slow nature of organic thought.

Have there ever been other species around the times of the the Ancients besides the Vargr and Human experiments? Has mention been made of these species in other sources?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.