Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 05:47 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
Mr. Lawton shakes hands with Sgt. Carson and Smithers as they're introduced.
Carson nods and greets Lawton with, "Sir," not knowing where he fits in the chain of command. He decides that if Lt. McPhee is going on the expedition, he will wait until they are underway and approach the lieutenant for clarification and instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
"We're still waiting on a couple interviews. They should be here by noon. Cricket game's at one - and I'm supposed to bowl first. If you wish to miss the game, you may stow your kit then, don some mufti if you wish, and make a break for town. We dine at 7, dress uniform expected, mess dress if you own it." Turning to McBean, "If you wish, you can let them stow the kit now."
"Sir, our regiment is only recently back from campaign in Burma, and I haven't yet had occasion to buy any civilian clothes, but I can pick some up in town. I'm afraid I also have no experience with playing cricket, only watching occasionally, but if I can make it back in time I will give it my best if I am wanted."

If McBean (or anyone else) will show Carson where to stow his kit, he will do so.

If it is McBean, Carson will want to speak with him. He can't salute since McBean is not in uniform, but since he has been informed that McBean will be his commaniding officer on this expedition, will stand at attention and ask, "Sir! Permission to speak freely?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
Mr. Lawton asks, "Gentlemen, I just wondered if there would be time for us to take a photograph so I could send it with a short paragraph to The Cornishman before we lift off?"
Carson will take his cue from whatever the Major and Lieutenant do. If it appears that all will assemble for a photograph, he will wait and take his place, then leave for his father's shop as soon as the photography is completed (he will ask Smithers if he wishes to go along).
.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos Thanos is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middletown
Posts: 395
Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
"Very good, Sir. I'll pass this on to the major when the leftenant and I get back." The Private then puts the note in the portfolio, and proceeds down the hall.

It will take a few days for the wire transfer. In the same timeframe, a telegram comes back approving the leave of absence, and asking if you're finishing the term, or staying to make preparations.
I wire back advising that I'm staying to make preparations.

On 9 January, shortly before noon Henri arrives and presents his card to the solider at the door.

The card reads:
Henri A. DuBouis. PhD.
Asso. Professor Natural Sciences
Sorbonne University
Paris, France
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM
aramis's Avatar
aramis aramis is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Anchorage, AK, USofA
Posts: 29,027
Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I wire back advising that I'm staying to make preparations.

On 9 January, shortly before noon Henri arrives and presents his card to the solider at the door.

The card reads:
Henri A. DuBouis. PhD.
Asso. Professor Natural Sciences
Sorbonne University
Paris, France
There isn't actually a soldier at the door. A brass note says to enter and speak to the receptionist. But upon entering, a gathering of several soldiers in the lobby, a couple civilians, and a tea cart are obvious. A butler notes your entry, looks at the card, walks to the assembly, and hands it to the Major.

The Major stands, "Come, Doctor! Almost lunch time, May I present Mr. McBean, the master of the Hiland Pride. Mr. Lawton, pressman and general member of the expedition. Mr. McPhee, the Survey's man on the expedition. Serjeant Carson and Corporal Smithers, the gun crew. The Engineers and topmen are tending the airship outside."

"Shall we gather in the dining room?" The Major indicates a back room, which reveals a 16 place dining table, and a couple of privates kitted as waiters, and at the head of the table, General Sir Charles Wilson, in khakis.
__________________
~ Aramis
aramis.hostman.us /trav
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:22 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
"Shall we gather in the dining room?" The Major indicates a back room, which reveals a 16 place dining table, and a couple of privates kitted as waiters, and at the head of the table, General Sir Charles Wilson, in khakis.
Carson goes along to the dining room as indicated, keeping an eye on the Major and the Lieutenant for cues to proper behavior.

He is still watching for 1) a chance to stow his kit aboard ship, 2) a chance to speak privately with either McBean or McPhee, and 3) a chance to get away and into town (after doing both 1 and 2).
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:08 AM
aramis's Avatar
aramis aramis is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Anchorage, AK, USofA
Posts: 29,027
Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Carson goes along to the dining room as indicated, keeping an eye on the Major and the Lieutenant for cues to proper behavior.

He is still watching for 1) a chance to stow his kit aboard ship, 2) a chance to speak privately with either McBean or McPhee, and 3) a chance to get away and into town (after doing both 1 and 2).
One of the waiters sees the look, comes over to Carson and Smithers, quietly utters, "Dining In protocol. Just like the big unit dining in. Outside inward, and use your napkin on your lap. I'll get you a second if you need one for the neck..."
__________________
~ Aramis
aramis.hostman.us /trav
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:15 AM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
One of the waiters sees the look, comes over to Carson and Smithers, quietly utters, "Dining In protocol. Just like the big unit dining in. Outside inward, and use your napkin on your lap. I'll get you a second if you need one for the neck..."
Carson thanks the waiter and asks for a second napkin, but will watch to see if anyone else is using one that way before doing so himself.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Doctor X Doctor X is offline
Citizen: SOC-2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Gallery : 0
Doctor X Citizen
Default

12:57 PM 9 January, 1887

The squeaking of wheels is heard before the front door is opened. A man enters, dressed in a wrinkled suit and a dusty bowler, dragging something behind him. It appears caught n the door, and after some bit of pulling and swearing under his breath in French, he is able to get his handcart through the door. The cart is laden with two steamer trunks and a large oxygen tank, and it is fairly obvious that the contents of the cart are the sum total of the man's worldly possessions.

There is a brief but heated exchange of words with the doorman. Something about not being properly dressed, which the gentleman responds to by producing a wrinkled pre-tied tie from his pocket and putting it around his neck. A few more words, and he wheels the cart out of the middle of the entrance and looks about for the group he seeks.

"Commandant Fellows?" He calls in a think French accent. Upon seeing one of the seated Englishmen briefly turn his way, he assumes this must be the man he seeks and proceeds to cross the room. He tips his hat to all assembled and turns back to face the Major.

"I 'ave come about your avertissmant," he says as he fishes the wrinkled note from the Merchant Marine Hiring Hall out of his pocket, proffering it as all the credentials he believes he needs. "I am Emil Tunnaud, late of Paris. I am fully qualified in ze fields of engineering and welding, and I bring my own equipment to ze expedition. Your notice says zat you are in need of crewmen for your airship, and I offer ma services to you."

He looks around at everyone. "Ah may be zeated?"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:13 AM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
12:57 PM 9 January, 1887

The squeaking of wheels is heard before the front door is opened. A man enters, dressed in a wrinkled suit and a dusty bowler, dragging something behind him. It appears caught n the door, and after some bit of pulling and swearing under his breath in French, he is able to get his handcart through the door. The cart is laden with two steamer trunks and a large oxygen tank, and it is fairly obvious that the contents of the cart are the sum total of the man's worldly possessions.

There is a brief but heated exchange of words with the doorman. Something about not being properly dressed, which the gentleman responds to by producing a wrinkled pre-tied tie from his pocket and putting it around his neck. A few more words, and he wheels the cart out of the middle of the entrance and looks about for the group he seeks.

"Commandant Fellows?" He calls in a think French accent. Upon seeing one of the seated Englishmen briefly turn his way, he assumes this must be the man he seeks and proceeds to cross the room. He tips his hat to all assembled and turns back to face the Major.

"I 'ave come about your avertissmant," he says as he fishes the wrinkled note from the Merchant Marine Hiring Hall out of his pocket, proffering it as all the credentials he believes he needs. "I am Emil Tunnaud, late of Paris. I am fully qualified in ze fields of engineering and welding, and I bring my own equipment to ze expedition. Your notice says zat you are in need of crewmen for your airship, and I offer ma services to you."

He looks around at everyone. "Ah may be zeated?"
Carson is watching interestedly to see how the Major will respond to this unusual person.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old February 5th, 2014, 03:45 AM
aramis's Avatar
aramis aramis is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Anchorage, AK, USofA
Posts: 29,027
Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default

"'Tis Major Fellows, and you're a good bit late, Engineer!" Turning to McBean, "Your engineer who found a lady and disappeared? We have a replacement. I'm now wondering if Color Dennis was a bit mad in providing a recommend for him. This would be Engineer Tinn-odd, late of the RMS Oceanic." Turning back to the engineer, "Mister Tinn-odd, Did not White Star provide you dining dress?" The Major points to an empty seat, and has leftovers served to Tinnaud, while custards and a light sherry are offered to everyone else. "General, if you'll excuse me, I must dress for the match."

The General nods, and chuckling, adds, "Mr. McBean, White Star vouches for his skill, tho' not his attire, in their letter. Since your man ditched last night, we figured we'd bring in someone. Pardon if I overstepped."
__________________
~ Aramis
aramis.hostman.us /trav
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:41 AM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
The Major points to an empty seat, and has leftovers served to Tinnaud, while custards and a light sherry are offered to everyone else. "General, if you'll excuse me, I must dress for the match."
Carson notes the dress critique, and makes a mental note to get some boot-black and rags in town so that he and Smithers can be looking appropriately sharp in their dress uniforms for the evening meal - he has no mess dress uniform, and doubts that Smithers has, either.

Carson will eat his custard, while offering his sherry to Smithers (he is a teetotaller himself, but has learned that he can earn some goodwill by passing his share on to someone who will appreciate it).

Once the Major has left to prepare for his cricket match, Carson will ask Lt. McPhee whether he may be excused now, and if assent is given will ask Smithers if he would like to come to town with him.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 08:38 AM
Once more hiring a player for CT in NJ Commander Truestar Recruiting Office 1 June 18th, 2009 09:31 AM
Broker Hiring issues nitestar4 Mongoose Traveller 12 January 17th, 2009 05:26 PM
Cost of hiring mercs blackblood T20 - Traveller for the D20 System 35 March 16th, 2005 09:09 AM
Hiring Costs Troubadour The Lone Star 5 January 22nd, 2004 10:45 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.