Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old October 7th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 2
The Thing Citizen
Default Ancient aliens?

Ok, I'd like to bring up a topic that some people may consider silly, but I want to have a serious, intelligent, rational, informed debate on it.

Do you believe in aliens visiting earth in the past?

Personally I think there's simply too much evidence that things have happened in earth's history that point to encounters with alien intelligence.

I've seen pictures of cave paintings that predate recorded history by millennia, that clearly portray what would be described as a "flying saucer" next to a humanoid figure that looks like a primitive attempt to draw someone with their head inside a clear done helmet.

In the bible there are descriptions of things that could be aircraft of some sort, like in the book of Ezekiel and the reference to wheels within wheels.

Renaissance art sometimes has very discreet background images of things in the sky that look like flying saucers or other advanced craft moving thru the air.

History records that alexandar the great and his armies had encounters with "Giant silver shields in the sky". Guess what those resemble in modern terms?

Some buildings in ancient egypt have images carved into them that virtually everyone who sees them describes as being obviously helicopters and other advanced machines.

I think there's just too much evidence, and too many separate pieces of it, no matter how tenuous, to deny it all.

I don't know what aliens might want here. Hell, maybe they're bored immortals playing a kind of live action RTS with primitive cultures, but I believe that there are things, just bits and pieces here and there, that can't be dismissed by the skeptic or explained away as hoaxes, and I think at least some of them suggest, strongly, advanced technology and it's users has visited earth in the past.

Anyone else think that ancient aliens are at least possible?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.