Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old July 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-8
Gallery : 56
mirc Citizen
Question Imperiallines Type TI Frontier Transport Paint Scheme

Hi everybody

I am just starting texturing my Frontier Transport model. According to any published material that I am aware of the only graphic elemend seems to be the Imperiallines Logo. My current takes on that logo are probably not correct but might fuel a discussion. I am especially interested in its colors.

The ship itself must have loads of safety markings and signs scattered over its hull, so there is lots of potential to get a decent and less dull looking texture even without stripes and shark-tooth decals. But what's the general chore to this topic.
Does anyone have "canon" information regarding Imeriallines colors and paiunt shemes or if Rob Caswell for example might have had some colors in mind (I should ask him over at DeviantArt I suppose).

Here my current take on the ship (larger version in the gallery):

And on the Imperiallines logo:

Any suggestions regarding the paint scheme or logo?

I already considered a colorband from darker color to lighter color on the wave part of the logo to resemble the original more closely.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Edit: Rob Caswell (on DeviantArt) just stated that indeed back in the days no further thoughts went into the colors of that drawing, so it's probably save to say that I can be a little creative.

I would still like to read some constructive criticism

mircTraveller Illustrated

Patent of Nobility / TAS Membership
Sir Tarlon Rhaan, Gerim (A888A97-E)TAS Membership issued on Kiwhi (C301231-B)
Marquis MacDermont, MacDermont (D200768-8)Knight of the Third Imperium, Porozlo (A687A74-B)
Knight of Deneb, MacDermont (D200768-8)

Last edited by mirc; July 11th, 2012 at 05:03 PM..

To see more of this thread, please login or register.