Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2013, 02:39 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen
Default [FS 1826] Muzil. (345-0199) University of the Thirteen Towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
Warden Ashgarn Wilkens,
Chief Warden of the Muzil Ports (ISA).

As the BING fades, out of the elevator steps Ashgarn with the obligatory entourage all chattering away at first but calming into professional mode. The Warden appears a bit shook up, but smooths out some imagined wrinkles in his coat and strides forward.

"Greetings and salutations Gentlebeings. My apologies on my somewhat late arrival, as you may well be aware an Imperial Courier visited, it turns out she was here to see me.

I have been ordered to Capital.

However, that is not until the end of the year, so till then what is all this about taking the center of the observation dome and installing a telescope there?"

And so it goes another day, another wrangling with the Bureaucracies. Not quiet the glamorous days you thought you would have when you dreamed of being an empires-wide famous Professor of Cosmology as an under grad, but it is what it is this Ivory Tower life. The project, of course as all large projects do, takes over your life. So not having had time to worry about what to have for dinner much less old X-Mail messages, it is that on 345-0199 PI when you enter your office after another session of trying convince the Port Authority and the numerous other interests to do the good thing for science and sacrifice the dome for the telescope you suddenly find yourself face to face with what appears to be not only an Imperial Courier, but an Imperial Navy Admiral as well sitting in your office chairs. It is not the Courier, but the Admiral who first speaks.

"Could you kindly close the door, Professor? This would be a private discussion."

See? I told you I would get back to posting. Now, I do have to get something to eat, shop for those foodstuffs and get rent in on time, so the rest of ya are gonna have to wait for a smidge. But, I'll be back.
'Of course, of course,' Djer replies to the Admiral. After closing the door gently, he continues: 'I wasn't expecting anyone for the next few hours. Though, I recall that I did receive an X-mail a few weeks ago telling me to expect an Imperial Courier at an unspecified date. I presume that it was referring to you fine gentlemen?'

After sitting down at his desk and sweeping aside a few unfinished plans, he continues: 'Hm, I don't recall the X-mail mentioning anything about the Imperial Navy. I don't expect the Navy and the Courier Service would collaborate all that often. So, what brings you Imperial gentlemen here?'
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Jazzlvraz Citizen

Quote:
"Professor Areri Shashimamikuus, in the Name, Voice, and Hand of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium, Vladimir the Second of His Name, I am Commanded to see this Invitation is hand delivered to you and bring to His Majesty your reply."
[Sorry, I hadn't deliberately intended the previous to be in Battle (Navy); I'd forgotten the colour-codes in the other thread and simply picked the colour I've used for IM chats and work emails for many years]

Areri looks around, as if expecting the universe to come to a sudden and complete end.

"Well, we seem to've survived the formalities; those are another thing I think no one's ever seen here. Thank you for relating your mission to me so clearly and so properly. I'm afraid, however, that you have me at a disadvantage, Lord Courier. You know my name; may I know yours?"

Areri extends his hand for shaking, hoping he's read the man properly.

[Regardless of the response...]

Areri handles the envelope as if it's either primed to explode or ready to uncoil and bite him...or both.

"Now, this item's certainly something special. Is there a proper and respectful way to open it? I'll need your assistance with the proprieties in answering; I've no Court experience, as you may know. My knowledge stops at "one can insult the Emperor", so let's not go down that road accidentally, shall we?"
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:08 PM

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [FS 1725] Permatic (340-0199 PI) Harsh Landing. [Afternoon].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Once the vehicle has safely come to a complete stop and the biologicals and his 'droid squad mates have begun disembarking, Jin steps from the vehicle and bows humbly saying, "My sincere thanks for the transport. I also thank you for sharing your stories with me, and I wish you a safe and prosperous future." Patting the pouch containing his portable computer, Jin then turns and begins walking steadily towards the nearest building.
As it turns out you all are headed the same way, the Small Craft Landing Stage Office. Once in the Office you find a stand with a nice holomap displaying the island and its major points of interest, including the used ship market. The mercs will pay for their lift carrier and Cpl. Therson will turn to you and ask,

"So, you said you are an ex-Merchant Captain, got any advice on choosing a good rugged transport? We *he gestures to his squad behind him* were wondering if we could tag along with you and maybe get you help and maybe keep the riff-raff off ya.

What do you, say, good Captain?"
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:31 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [FS 1826] Muzil. (345-0199) UTT, Office of Professor Ursenev [Evening].

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
'Of course, of course,' Djer replies to the Admiral. After closing the door gently, he continues: 'I wasn't expecting anyone for the next few hours. Though, I recall that I did receive an X-mail a few weeks ago telling me to expect an Imperial Courier at an unspecified date. I presume that it was referring to you fine gentlemen?'

After sitting down at his desk and sweeping aside a few unfinished plans, he continues: 'Hm, I don't recall the X-mail mentioning anything about the Imperial Navy. I don't expect the Navy and the Courier Service would collaborate all that often. So, what brings you Imperial gentlemen here?'
The Courier speaks,

"Indeed, it was. Admiral Worthington here was left out for security reasons, even with all the encryption and authentication, some things one still handles in person. Also, you might be surprised at how often we collaborate with other services, the Courier Service is very much in favor of cross service cooperation. Our direct backing by The Emperor seems to help us get that cooperation too." the Courier grins with the last sentence.

"First though, formalities must be observed." At this she stands, pulls a stunningly bright white envelope with Imperial purple edging out of her left pocket, gives the traditional heel click and bow, extends the envelope while speaking.

"I am Eliza Helen Stivic, The Baroness Permatic and a Courier of The Crown. I am Commanded by His Imperial and Royal Majesty The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium Vladimir II to act as His Name, Voice and Hand and see this personal Invitation hand delivered to you, Distinguished Professor Djer Ursenev in time for the Holiday week functions at His Majesty's Palace as His Guest, where you will consult with Him on certain matters. I am to await your response to His Invitation and convey it to Him."
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM

Small Starburst [FS0726] Kalash (335-0199 PI) Idumni's hotel beach [Afternoon].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz View Post
[Sorry, I hadn't deliberately intended the previous to be in Battle (Navy); I'd forgotten the colour-codes in the other thread and simply picked the colour I've used for IM chats and work emails for many years]Well, you are a Professor of Linguistics, I just figured you were using your vast language skill set.

Areri looks around, as if expecting the universe to come to a sudden and complete end.

"Well, we seem to've survived the formalities; those are another thing I think no one's ever seen here. Thank you for relating your mission to me so clearly and so properly. I'm afraid, however, that you have me at a disadvantage, Lord Courier. You know my name; may I know yours?"

Areri extends his hand for shaking, hoping he's read the man properly.

[Regardless of the response...]

Areri handles the envelope as if it's either primed to explode or ready to uncoil and bite him...or both.

"Now, this item's certainly something special. Is there a proper and respectful way to open it? I'll need your assistance with the proprieties in answering; I've no Court experience, as you may know. My knowledge stops at "one can insult the Emperor", so let's not go down that road accidentally, shall we?"
He shakes your hand saying,

"Lord Stephen Vilecashar, Imperial Courier."

He releases your hand and gestures to the Seal.

"You need only be the proper addressee and press your left thumb upon the Seal and it will open for you. If you aren't Areri Shashimamikuus, but a clever simulation things will go badly for you. However, scans indicate that you are indeed Areri Shashimamikuus and thus safe.

As to a response, it varies, but a politely worded acceptance is generally the standard. It can written, either by hand or electronically or spoken to me as you wish."

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:06 AM

77topaz Citizen
Default [FS 1826] Muzil. (345-0199 PI). University of the Thirteen Towers.

Quote:
The Courier speaks,

"Indeed, it was. Admiral Worthington here was left out for security reasons, even with all the encryption and authentication, some things one still handles in person. Also, you might be surprised at how often we collaborate with other services, the Courier Service is very much in favor of cross service cooperation. Our direct backing by The Emperor seems to help us get that cooperation too." the Courier grins with the last sentence.

"First though, formalities must be observed." At this she stands, pulls a stunningly bright white envelope with Imperial purple edging out of her left pocket, gives the traditional heel click and bow, extends the envelope while speaking.

"I am Eliza Helen Stivic, The Baroness Permatic and a Courier of The Crown. I am Commanded by His Imperial and Royal Majesty The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium Vladimir II to act as His Name, Voice and Hand and see this personal Invitation hand delivered to you, Distinguished Professor Djer Ursenev in time for the Holiday week functions at His Majesty's Palace as His Guest, where you will consult with Him on certain matters. I am to await your response to His Invitation and convey it to Him."
'The Emperor issued an invitation himself? Hm, I wasn't aware he personally did anything like that. I hope you haven't had to hop around to find all the Knights of the Imperium,' Djer says, in a friendly manner. He gently takes the envelope from Stivic's hands (through his knighthood he (presumably) has knowledge of the dangerous nature of seals) before continuing: 'So, how exactly do I "respond" to such an invitation?'

Last edited by 77topaz; June 4th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: Title
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:41 AM

Small Starburst [FS 1826] Muzil. (345-0199) UTT, Office of Professor Ursenev [Evening].

Originally Posted by 77topaz

Djer Ursenev
Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Astronomy.

'The Emperor issued an invitation himself? Hm, I wasn't aware he personally did anything like that. I hope you haven't had to hop around to find all the Knights of the Imperium,' Djer says, in a friendly manner. He gently takes the envelope from Stivic's hands (through his knighthood he (presumably) has knowledge of the dangerous nature of seals Indeed you may well have knowledge of such seals, but then again, how exactly would you come across this knowledge as they are mostly used by Imperial Armed Forces and some MoJ Agencies?) before continuing: 'So, how exactly do I "respond" to such an invitation?'
Eliza Helen Stivic,
The Baroness Permatic and a Courier of The Crown.

"The Emperor is a man of many duties and in actuality a list is created for His approval which He goes over with a few trusted advisors and then signs off on. After that we Couriers are dispatched. So, no I just hop around to issue His Majesty's Invitations for those persons I have been assigned from the final list.

To open the seal you merely press your left thumb upon the seal and it will open for you. Provided you are the proper addressee that is.

As to your response, you may respond in writing either manual or electronic or you may merely state your response as you so chose. No matter the method, as long as you don't take it into your head to send back something foul or insulting, I think all should go smoothly."

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; June 4th, 2013 at 02:05 AM..
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:49 AM

77topaz Citizen
Default [FS 1826] Muzil. (345-0199 PI) University of the Thirteen Towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz

Areri Shashimamikuus
Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Linguistics,
Adishmu University (Ressampo).

'The Emperor issued an invitation himself? Hm, I wasn't aware he personally did anything like that. I hope you haven't had to hop around to find all the Knights of the Imperium,' Djer says, in a friendly manner. He gently takes the envelope from Stivic's hands (through his knighthood he (presumably) has knowledge of the dangerous nature of seals Indeed you may well have knowledge of such seals, but then again, how exactly would you come across this knowledge as they are mostly used by Imperial Armed Forces and some MoJ Agencies?) before continuing: 'So, how exactly do I "respond" to such an invitation?'
Eliza Helen Stivic,
The Baroness Permatic and a Courier of The Crown.

"The Emperor is a man of many duties and in actuality a list is created for His approval which He goes over with a few trusted advisors and then signs off on. After that we Couriers are dispatched. So, no I just hop around to issue His Majesty's Invitations for those persons I have been assigned from the final list.

To open the seal you merely press your left thumb upon the seal and it will open for you. Provided you are the proper addressee that is.

As to your response, you may respond in writing either manual or electronic or you may merely state your response as you so chose. No matter the method, as long as you don't take it into your head to send back something foul or insulting, I think all should go smoothly."
(OOC: What is that Areri Shashimamikuus heading doing there? He's Jazzlvraz's character, not mine. :P)

Djer presses his thumb on the seal and opens the envelope (OOC: Presumably, it does not contain anything particularly surprising). As he searches through a pile on his desk for a blank sheet of paper, he turns to the Admiral.

'Now, it's Admiral Worthington, right? May I ask, what brings you here? I don't presume Invitations usually require the presence of an Admiral, or do they?'
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
(OOC: What is that Areri Shashimamikuus heading doing there? He's Jazzlvraz's character, not mine. :P) I have no idea what you are talking about, look it clearly shows Djer Ursenev. I think you should see someone about those hallucinations.

Djer presses his thumb on the seal and opens the envelope (OOC: Presumably, it does not contain anything particularly surprising). As he searches through a pile on his desk for a blank sheet of paper, he turns to the Admiral.

'Now, it's Admiral Worthington, right? May I ask, what brings you here? I don't presume Invitations usually require the presence of an Admiral, or do they?'
Admiral Neville Worthington,
Imperial Navy, Logistics Command.

"Correct." he states as he reaches into a inner pocket of his jacket and produces a sheaf of e-papers. "I took the liberty of doing a background check on you and I see that you haven't been required yet to sign an Official Secrets NDA. Lucky for you I happen to have one right here."

At which he presents a very official looking e-paper with lots of fine print on it. He pushes it across the desk. It is indeed a Non-Disclosure Agreement conforming to the Imperial Official Secrets Acts requirements for access to classified materials.

"I am going to need you to sign off on this in order to get to meat of why I am here and what service it is the Imperium would like from you."

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sigmund Citizen

Quote:
As it turns out you all are headed the same way, the Small Craft Landing Stage Office. Once in the Office you find a stand with a nice holomap displaying the island and its major points of interest, including the used ship market. The mercs will pay for their lift carrier and Cpl. Therson will turn to you and ask,

"So, you said you are an ex-Merchant Captain, got any advice on choosing a good rugged transport? We *he gestures to his squad behind him* were wondering if we could tag along with you and maybe get you help and maybe keep the riff-raff off ya.

What do you, say, good Captain?"
"I would be quite happy to help you choose a suitable vessel Corporal. How many sophonts must you transport, how much cargo area do you require, how quickly would you wish to arrive at your destiination, and of course, how much do you have to spend on the vessel?" says Jin as he devotes a portion of his attention to the biological and another portion to examining and recording the holomap.

SOLO 1324 SHULGI B512855-C
Closed Thread