Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Closed Thread

Old April 10th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+
Small Starburst

A somewhat embarrassed Wally...

"My apologies, Highness. The bent I was getting from the earlier discussions caused me to think that perhaps a less direct pressure was required. If his Majesty wishes, I will proceed with what is my mission specialty; decapitation and mayhem."

"I can clearly heat things up on Colony A with the assets provided, just how hot will depend on the situation dirtside."

"You mentioned that you wish a regime change in the Belt. I had originally thought that your wish was for Colony A to change ownership. Or is Colony A a stepping stone?"
[B][COLOR="Green"]3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Crimson"]Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.[/COLOR][/B]
Old April 10th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst A fulcrum.

Admiral Worthington, IN

"Quite simply, both. If we can both document the Warden's actions and take Colony A we place him in a position no dictator enjoys, having to explain a major loss. Now, in his case he has the inferiority of his forces compared to "those of the evil expasionist Empire", but it is still a loss. Add to this the prolific if less than successful propaganda campaign being run by the Free Belters and we think he will be about ripe for the harvesting. Additionally the Voodgi come under the protection of the Imperium as a Full Member, since they have space travel if somewhat limited due to the war with the Safety League."
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

"So I am to provide a reason for intervention by giving the Voodgi and the Abonia Liberation Front the shove they need to openly rebel. Very good, Sire."

"Am I going in as a Martel, with all that it implies, or am I going under a cover? Is a passage booked for me, or is a ship being assigned, or do I need to arrange that under a cover story? Time is short, I suspect it is best if I depart within the next day or two."

[B][COLOR="Green"]3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Crimson"]Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.[/COLOR][/B]
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst Finalizing the details?

Admiral Worthington, IN

"Yes to the first question, except it is the Free Abonai Belters you are to assist. The Abonai Liberation Front a bunch fanarnking bomb chucking terrorists, feel free to pull the trigger if you catch one in your sights. Unless, it appears the locals want them first, then we wait our turn.", he takes another sip of his coffee before continuing.

"Now as to the later it would better for all involved if you went under an assumed identity and a hired ship. You will look more like a genuine mercenary and less like an obvious Agent of the Crown."
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:33 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

"Very good, My Lord. Has Intel got an Identity for me, with the proper background and documents?"

"As I am supposed to arrive on scene in character, may I suggest travelling under my own name to Ories to arrange tourism connections for some factors on Pecias; sightseeing, hunting and such; then switch identities there. Catching ship to Quelw where I acquire something around 400 tons or so running the J1 route from there to develop the cover and embellish the reputation as an opportunist.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:08 AM

Small Starburst A good plan...for now.

Admiral Worthington, IN.

"We need to gin something up for you on the documents front. My AdC will assist you there, she is much more up to date with that end of the business. As to your plan, well, aside from Axiom One, it sounds splendid." he smiles and take a long drink of coffee.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:24 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Small Starburst Wally makes it up as he goes anyway.

"Thank you My Lord. It has the benefit of flexibility, since I came up with the idea a few seconds ago. I plan to send my AdC and my Batman back to Pecias with the contracts as part of my deception. A quick change of clothing and documents, then hop a free trader going in the correct direction. After Ories, port choices are flexible as is where I acquire a vessel. The ports I listed before are just possibles in the right-ish places.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:26 AM

Small Starburst A conclusion...

Admiral Worthington, IN.

"Well, then have any requests, comments, or other last minute details? This will be your last chance to make wild demands, ask for detailed secret, no holds barred information, or just get His Majesty's autograph."

Vladimir II smiles at that last.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Small Starburst

"Wild demands? Well, the funding to purchase the ship I need later and the mercs I will need for plausible deniability would be nice. Perhaps some nice black project funding source? After all, I don't have these resources at my disposal from personal wealth and these will be necessary if HI&RM is going to be kept out of this thing directly."
Old April 30th, 2014, 02:14 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Frank Masuda yawned, stretched, and sat up in his berth aboard his Type S Scoutship, Vargr's Grin. His movements silenced the alarm that had awakened him, a quiet chime of gradually increasing volume. In addition to pleasing his sensibilities and dislike for awaking to loud noises (although he had certainly had enough of that over the course of his career...), the alarm served as a daily test of his sensitivity to quiet sounds while he slept. If it ever took more than three chimes to awaken him, he'd get his hearing checked.

He had long ago had a full-function control panel installed in his stateroom, sufficient that he could check all ship functions and actually pilot the ship from here if he wished, although the bridge was more comfortable and the controls more ergonomic. Now that control panel was showing an incoming comm that had arrived during the night, but had not been flagged by his IA as urgent enough to require waking him.

"Chives, display message," he called. The IA's voice-recognition and constantly running biometric security approved that Masuda was in fact Masuda, and the message quickly displayed. It appeared to be a bit of advertising material that had somehow gotten through his filters, but Frank knew better. It was one of those messages, he was sure.

One easy way to check. He palmed the secure drawer at his bedside, reached inside, and took out his Reserve Warrant Card.

One step to the console, where he tapped the link in the displayed "advertisement" to initiate connection by comm to another innocuous appearing system that nevertheless would not fully connect without coded confirmation including current biometrics from his own system, then he slid his Reserve Warrant Card into the slot on his console and waited a few seconds, until the other system disconnected from his. He pulled the Warrant Card from the slot and pressed his thumb to the spot that activated the card's own biometric scan to confirm his identity, upon which his suspicions were revealed to be accurate, as the card now showed that his Warrant had been shifted from Reserve to Active status.

"Back in the saddle, again," he hummed. It seemed that the Imperial Scout Service's Ranger Branch was in need of his services. He expected that he would soon receive orders to report somewhere and talk with somebody, after which he would know what he was expected to accomplish.

Frank cleaned up in the fresher, dressed in his old Scout-issue olive-green shipsuit, pulled on his boots. He instructed Chives to call up all of his current Permatic Starport accounts, then ordered a few transfers to get them all paid up. "Decks clear for action," he murmured to himself, a long-instilled habit from working solo on many ships over the years. "Serves me right for stopping to visit Permatic, anyway. Somebody probably ran a search for such-and-such assets, nearest available, and here I sit, all ripe for Activation."

His control console showed all ship systems Green, except that the power-plant was still set on low output as was his custom when portside and not expecting to leave in a hurry. He debated warming it up, but decided to wait for orders first. It might be that he would need to leave old Vargr's Grin here while using some other transport for the mission.

He went outside to have a look at the exterior of the ship, using both the Mark I Eyeball and his Engineer's Goggles with the image enhancements and programmed tooltips to give him status readouts on whatever parts of the ship he zoomed on. All nice and Green and shipshape, just the way he liked to keep it, although a casual observer would never know it from the carefully-maintained appearance of long-time wear and grime.

Even the painted insignia of the Vargr's head with characteristic lolling grin (which never told if the Wolf in question was actually amused or about to attack) was showing fading and nicks. It was about time to have it repainted. He smiled; maybe this mission would require a disguise for his ship as well, after which he could get it repainted at His Imperial and Royal Majesty's expense.

Might as well go have some breakfast; it could be the last meal he'd be getting fresh for awhile, and although he was well accustomed to ship's supply and even recycler meals, he still preferred the variety of local cuisine.

"Chives, lock her up," he called, and the Interface Assistant complied by forwarding the appropriate signals to the ship's security systems. Frank sometimes contemplated upgrading Chives to an actual Artificial Intelligence, which would be a true Machine Lifeform able to run the ship, anticipate needs without direct orders, act as a real assistant, and also provide real company on long solo trips. But the fact of the matter was that Frank liked living and travelling alone, which included having an Interface Assistant that was mere software, not truly alive. If his ship's computer was a Machine Lifeform, it would be owed all of the courtesies of any other shipmate, including conversation and attention when it wanted, not just when Frank wanted it. Frank preferred Chives, which never bothered him with unwanted conversation, and could still give him a challenging opponent for games when he was in the mood.

Frank left his cheap long-term parking bay and headed to the nearest port diner, where they already knew his standard breakfast order. No point in wondering about the mission yet; he was sure he'd be contacted soon enough.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; May 3rd, 2014 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: touch-ups; Ranger BRANCH :)
Closed Thread