Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [T5 ATU] The Permatic Imperium: Adventuring in the Far Stars of the Distant Future.

It is the dawn of the Permatic Imperium's bicentennial and His Imperial and Royal Majesty Vladimir II has guided the people of the Far Stars back into the light of interstellar civilization after the long dark of the Interregnum that followed the death of the last Emperor of the Sixth Imperium.

Seated on the Sapphire Throne, a relic of the Second Imperium that he personally brought out of an Old Empires Dump on the last orders of Rufus the Immortal Emperor of the Fifth Empire during the last days of the Great War, he awaits the return of his sovereign. Meanwhile he restores the Riftborne Domains to the glories they knew in their youth as the Imperial Frontier.

This is a young Imperium and its trials many, resources varied, enemies within and without, danger and opportunity abound for those seeking adventure and fortunes, for those willing to risk for reward, in other words: Travellers Needed.

Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 22nd, 2013 at 01:16 AM..
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Post [TNS] Node: Society Pages (360-0198 PI ).

WIRE: TRAVELLERS' NEWS SERVICE. (A Public Service of the Travellers' Aid Society).
DATELINE: 360-0198 PI.
BYLINE: EKHIRAMA AKIILAAR
IMPNET NODE: #holiday.ball/societypages.tns.tas.permatic.impnet#.

It has come to the attention of this reporter that the following members of high society have been invited to the Holiday Ball on 001-0200 PI at the Imperial Palace (Crown District, Melnauka) on the Imperial Capital World of Permatic at the personal request of His Imperial and Royal Majesty Vladimir II, Emperor of the Permatic Worlds, Prince-Regent of the Riftborne Domains, Lord of One Thousand Stars, etc., etc.:
  • Areri Shashimamikuus, Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Linguistics at Adishmu University.
  • Sordenrae Ribexis, Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Sophontology at Van Gulik Institute.
  • Force Commander Sir Valdemar Martel, KM (RMR), 1st Baronet of Pecias.
Invitations will be hand delivered by HI&RH Household Staff in the Imperial Household Livery of red coat with gold trim, white pants with a blue vertical stripe outlining a black stripe along the outer seam, and collared white shirt with a blue and white striped tie and black boots, the coat bears the Arms of Vladimir II on the left breast.

Travel for His Majesty's guests by High Passage and will be arranged by the His Majesty's Office of Transportation aboard the Permatic All Star Lines' Imperial Star Liner Permatic Brilliance. (If the guest is not on a world of the ISS Permatic Brilliance's route, the Office of Transportation will provide High Passage aboard any chosen starship on route to a connecting starport). Guests will be housed in the Rising Star Wing of the Imperial Palace during their stay.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; October 27th, 2014 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: Force Commander Martel's Knighthood and Reserves, Passage to Permatic.
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Posted on the society section of the TNS site:

"Wanted: Recently deactivated Royal Marine for duty as Business Manager. Requires discretion, intelligence, and a strong sense of organization. Wounded veterans given preference. Unacknowledged children of nobility ok. Contact Ser Barnesly at comm# Barnesly7569AA-Permatic with references, discharge papers, and resume."
[B][COLOR="Green"]3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Crimson"]Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.[/COLOR][/B]
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM

Small Starburst [FS 1726] Pecias (340-0199 PI)

And so it begins...

As Ser Barnsley is dusting the mantle the sound of the doorbell is heard. Barnsley heads to the door, checks the securi-cam and is only mildly surprised (being that he's been down this road before and he keeps up on the Court gossip, the Servants' Network is pretty good at passing the latest info around) to see an Imperial Courier at the door. After he assures himself that the visitor is genuine, he pages Master Martel to the Foyer where Lord Vilecashar is patiently waiting, a white envelope with purple edging in his hand...
See, I told I would get us going soon. Later than intended, but still we are now rolling. Speaking of rolling, from here on in, we are going to be using the CotI Die Roller.

Here is an example of a standard roll. [roll0]

EDIT: As you can see, I need a bit of practice in using the Die Roller. Let us try that again. So, standard 2d6 roll: [rollv]2d6[/rollv].

Okay, I need to go over to the thread and see if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 3rd, 2013 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: moved closing tag.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Small Starburst Back to our delayed game...Quit putting OOC in the IC thread :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
And so it begins...

As Ser Barnsley is dusting the mantle the sound of the doorbell is heard. Barnsley heads to the door, checks the securi-cam and is only mildly surprised (being that he's been down this road before and he keeps up on the Court gossip, the Servants' Network is pretty good at passing the latest info around) to see an Imperial Courier at the door. After he assures himself that the visitor is genuine, he pages Master Martel to the Foyer where Lord Vilecashar is patiently waiting, a white envelope with purple edging in his hand...
Come down stairs from my study:

"Yes, Barnsley, what is it? Ahh, an Imperial courier. Thank you, Barnsley. I will take it from here."

Approach the courier, hand extended in greeting:

"I am FC Martel. How can I be of service to the Emperor today?"
[B][COLOR="Green"]3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Crimson"]Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.[/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 7th, 2014 at 08:42 PM..
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Small Starburst [Referee] Funny thing that. [FS 1726] (332-0199 PI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
BUMP to get Magnus's attention...
"You are welcome, sir." Barnsley says as he bows and vacates the Foyer to rear of the Estate House while you proceed to greet your guest.

As you are coming forward the Imperial Courier gives the traditional boot heel click and quick bow, he then speaks.

"Lord Valdemar Martel of the Ancient and Honorable House of Martel in the Name, Voice, and Hand of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium, Vladimir the Second of His Name, I am Commanded to see this Invitation is hand delivered to you and bring to His Majesty your reply."

After he states the Formalities he takes your hand in firm grip, shakes and smiles.

"Good to meet you Force Commander. Lord Stephen Vilecashar, Imperial Courier. Not as glamourous as your job, but it needs to get done. I have heard about your deeds, it is nice to meet you in person. I shall be all the rage when I get back to Court, there hasn't been a Martel in the Throne Room since your esteemed mother was elevated to Baroness Pecias.

Well, back to business."

He straightens back up into the formal style you are both so used from Imperial Service and hands you a bright white parchment envelope with the Imperial purple edging. The envelope is sealed with a Royal blue, bio-reactive wax with the Seal of the Imperium impressed in it and an Imperial purple ribbon underneath, such seals are familiar to you as the Joint Forces use such authentication methods for classified materials. The last time you saw one of these was when you got the big gong which serves you well as you know to press your left thumb upon the Seal to open. Might be time to check he handed you the correct Invitation or has the counter-agent handy since you have seen the results when an unauthorized person tries and fails to break a Seal.

"To answer your question, you can compose a reply to His Majesty's Invitation and give it to me to convey."

Having handed you the envelope Lord Vilecashar assumes a pose of relaxed waiting and his eyes take a tour of the Foyer.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 6th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: your
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Default Magnus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Posted on the society section of the TNS site:

"Wanted: Recently deactivated Royal Marine for duty as Business Manager. Requires discretion, intelligence, and a strong sense of organization. Wounded veterans given preference. Unacknowledged children of nobility ok. Contact Ser Barnesly at comm# Barnesly7569AA-Permatic with references, discharge papers, and resume."
A Michael O'Rourke, Gunny, RM, sends in his papers. O'Rourke is posted in OOC.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Visit TomeGnome's Blog
TomeGnome Citizen
Small Starburst [FS 1725] Permatic (date tbd) Highport Main Concourse

Permatic Highport: an orbital terminal marking the beginnings and endings of a thousand journeys every minute, thronged with sophonts of every conceivable description on a multitude of errands, navigating the shops, restaurants, theaters, arcades, and other enterprises aimed at loosening travel-numbed purses. Near the majority of the less-expensive eateries sits the food court, where even now a slim, attractive brunette is moving purposefully...

“I got you an Astro-Burger and a coffee.” The young woman peered at the steaming cup in her hand. “Well, they said it was coffee. It seems too ultra-violet to actually be coffee, but I didn't think you'd mind.” She sat down at the extruded polymer table, sliding the cup over to the squat, scowling man who was already seated there.

“Ah,” grunted the man, opening his sandwich packet. “Tri-Astro with Leek. Excellent choice, Lita.” He took a healthy sip from the cup and closed his eyes a moment. “Not coffee. Caffeinated. That, in the end, is all that matters.”

Seating herself, the woman adjusted her tight-fitting black smart-suit with one hand and deftly unwrapped her own sandwich-packet with the other. She focused both eyes, one brown and natural, the other obviously artificial and glowing orange, on her companion.

“Sending me to get food did not cause me to forget our conversation, Professor. I think that Commander Ribexis-Surd has a point. If the resources exist, and it would be no hardship, why not?”

“Spoken with the confident ignorance of youth. I like my body.” He glanced down at his open travel suit, loose, brown, and travel-rumpled. “Well, 'like' is a strong word. But I am accustomed to it.”

“Your prosthetic body could be externally identical,” Lita responded, thinking inwardly Goddess knows why you'd prefer that, though.

“Yes, yes. But it inclines one to think of aping ones' betters. I have no interest in being a parrot-monkey in formal wear, entertaining for the novelty. As a human among robots, I am myself. As a robot with an organic brain, what would I be then? Think about the works of Carabin, when she said that the...”

Lita held up a hand. “When you start quoting, Dr. Ribexis, I know that the matter is closed. Or, at least, tabled. I've read Carabin on synthetic identity. Frankly, I think that you're just afraid of the surgery. But it really is none of my business.”

“Indeed,” agreed Dr. Ribexis, chewing somewhat mournfully on his sandwich.

Noticing his expression, Lita asked, “Is the food not to your liking?”

“It is fine,” responded Ribexis. “It is the environment that is affecting my digestion.” He gestured with his sandwich, getting a bit of sauce on his trouser-leg. “All the same. Extruded furniture, same shops, same beings, same food, same everything. We have been through six star-ports so far, and they've all been exactly the same.”

“It would help,” Lita responded in an acid undertone, “if you knew why you were traveling. Then we could, I don't know, leave the starport occasionally, look at actual planets.”

Ribexis nodded absently. “If I knew what I was looking for, I wouldn't be traveling. I'd be going. But I take your point. When we arrive at...” he closed his eyes in thought. “Well, wherever we're going next, we'll spend some time on-world. Talk to some beings, read local works, that sort of thing.”

“Why not here? We're in the center of the Empire!”

Pulling a face, Ribexis shook his head. “That's why not. You grew up here as well, you know what it is like.” Seeing her querying eyebrow, he continued.
“The population density of the surface of Permatic is approximately 27000 sophonts per square kilometer. But that is deceptive. With half the planet's surface under water, it is actually closer to 55000 sophonts per square kilometer. But that is if they were spread out evenly, like the sauce on your sandwich. They are not. They are stacked atop each other in the City, where density reaches almost 150,000 sophonts per square kilometer. That means that for every square meter of surface, there are 150 beings of all races, shapes, and sizes attempting to stand there simultaneously. It is unnerving in the extreme.”

“There are a million square meters in a square kilometer, professor, not a thousand. So the actual calculation would be..." Ribexis glared at Lita, who grinned. "All right, I take your point: it's crowded. But as you said, you grew up here."

“True, but I spent the last three decades teaching and researching at a university with an enrollment in the high hundreds, on a planet with a population in the low thousands and a corrosive atmosphere to keep the population limited. I liked Amblin. It was quiet, and I didn't feel as though I had 50 people trying to sit in my back pocket.” He took another long pull at his not-coffee. “Or even point-one-five people. Call it an eccentricity. Goddess willing, I'll never set foot on Permatic proper again.”

Simultaneously, the two communicators on the table made a stuttering beep, indicating a news announcement of personal interest. Lita and Ribexis picked up their respective comms and read:

---It has come to the attention of this reporter that the following members of high society have been invited to the Holiday Ball on 001-0200 PI at the Imperial Palace (Crown District, Melnauka) on the Imperial Capital World of Permatic---

Ribexis heaved a sigh. “As I always suspected: the Goddess hates me.” He pointed a finger across the vast terminal's food court, at a formally-dressed man approaching their table at speed. "And there walks my doom."

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 7th, 2014 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: maths
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:08 AM

Small Starburst [FS0726] Kalash (335-0199 PI).

Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz

Areri Shashimamikuus,
Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Linguistics at Adishmu University.

Areri's enjoying a bit of blissful downtime, lying in the sun between fishing trips, at his friend Idumni's beach hotel on [FS0726] Kalash, reading Garir Esninra's latest plot-boiler, Betrayal Beneath the Waves: The Quelw Mission.
It is this pastime and location that allows you to see the sleek lines of a starship with the color scheme of an Imperial Courier appear over the horizon, it ends up overhead slowly spinning in place, the sub-perception awareness of the lifters keeping the vessel floating in the air as it searches for a clear landing zone thrums through you. Eventually, a human male in the Imperial Household Livery bearing the Armorial of Vladimir II descends gracefully from the rear airlock on a extremely small grav belt. As he does the ship takes off after dispensing equally sleek and similarly marked grav limo which begins orbiting the beach.

Lord Stephen Vilecashar, Imperial Courier touches down in front of you a smile on his face and in his hands a small object, white with Imperial purple edging...

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sigmund Citizen
Small Starburst

Captain Jin slowly strides down the concourse of the Permatic downport. He occasionally dodges deftly aside to avoid collision with biologicals, but only occasionally. Robots are not uncommon, but shining golden ones wearing casual attire are, so the Captain gets his fair share of brief stares and more than his fair share of space. He doesn't seem to notice as he stalks up to and then slowly stops in front of a large window overlooking the ship yards and sale yards. The golden being stands, feet shoulder-width apart, hands clasped behind his back, motionlessly. A small child appears near him, staring unabashedly, and slowly pokes the golden statue, which remains motionless as the child's mother scoops him up and hurries on. The crowd surges by and time passes.

SOLO 1324 SHULGI B512855-C

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 7th, 2014 at 08:46 PM..
Closed Thread