Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old January 11th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Visit tjoneslo's Blog
tjoneslo Citizen+tjoneslo Citizen+tjoneslo Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
Wow! I really need to read that!! What did you use to generate the numbres? G:FT?
Yes, GT:Far Trader, plus several other rules, using all the sectors in Traveller Map to generate trade data across all of charted space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
The starport A is what used to be King Oleb private landing pad in his floating palace. Which have the population of Monaco, but crammed (the palace, not the starport). In the map of the palace (without scale) the landing pad appears to be something around 1/6th of the whole structure.
They are building or fixing one ship at a time. Technically you only need to be able to fix or build a starship, which includes the jump drive. This requires access to parts and a place to work. A class B port can be equally small, but just lacks the ability / desire to work on Jump Drives.
Marquis Hysyl - Hysyl (Deneb 2425)
Baron Regina - Regina (Spinward Marches 1910)
TAS member - Vipan (Empty Quarter 1038)
Be part of the history of Traveller:

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Main_Page
Old January 12th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

Well, I have a bit of a different view. TL to me isn't what tech you make there, just what you can support/maintain. A Non-IND almost by definition can't make a broad range of products, more like they can pay for them and have the local infrastructure to repair and use.

My go-to example for this is 19th century Nevada after the various gold and silver mines came in. They were out in the middle of the Wild West, but had luxuries and technology such as it was shipped in that were equivalent or the envy of posh estates and European capitals.

Then, the mines played out and the party was over, leaving glorious relics and possibly some people floating the 'good old days', but eventually economic reality would set in and they would go to being a rural mining town with a glorious past.

So you could still buy and sell like it's TL E, planet is just not going to support it for much longer since the population has dropped so precipitously.

Makers could be ubiquitous from the good ol days, at TL E almost anything is ultrareliable so a small percentage of them could have survived and kept up parts streams and small items.

Last edited by kilemall; January 12th, 2021 at 09:35 AM..
Old January 12th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
NightRaven Citizen

Ok, ok. I have to agree with you. Now, I only have to make amends with these ideas and my previous thoughts. But you're right, I can see your point and tjoneslo's.

Thanks!!