Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Imperial Encyclopedia Wiki > Wiki Discussion

Wiki Discussion Any questions, comments, suggestions, or other discussion of the Traveller Wiki should go here.

Old January 16th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Visit Blue Ghost's Blog
Blue Ghost has disabled reputation
Default Hochiken People's Assembly

Can someone tell me if this is a client or K'Kree dominated state? Neither Travellermap nor the wiki offer any information on the dominant species.

I'm thinking it's human considering the K'Kree client state coreward of it, but there's nothing to indicate either way.
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Can someone tell me if this is a client or K'Kree dominated state? Neither Travellermap nor the wiki offer any information on the dominant species.

I'm thinking it's human considering the K'Kree client state coreward of it, but there's nothing to indicate either way.
MJD wrote up the polity for his Gateway to Destiny campaign supplement (ca 990). He does not mention racial background for the polity, but he does extensively detail the various non-human races found in the region. Nothing explicit is mentioned concerning the "Hochiken", so I think you can safely assume they are Human.

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789C–A
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

Okay thanks.

Amazon has a new one listed for $251. A used copy is $95. Sorry for the commentary, but I'm real tired of price gouging for games. Guess I'll check Drivethru.
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

jec10 Citizen

Lords of Thunder strongly suggests that the HPA is a human state, one of several rivals in that part of Gateway. And, in fact, on page 52 of MTJ#4 it says, "Two human powers, the Hochiken Peoples' Assembly and the Viyard Concourse, are pressing territorial claims of their own..."
Old January 18th, 2019, 02:20 AM
Baron

Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec10 View Post
Lords of Thunder strongly suggests that the HPA is a human state, one of several rivals in that part of Gateway. And, in fact, on page 52 of MTJ#4 it says, "Two human powers, the Hochiken Peoples' Assembly and the Viyard Concourse, are pressing territorial claims of their own..."
Yep. Beat me to it.

As for the price-gouging, it's usually just 'bots. Keep an eye on it and they eventually reset themselves. I've gotten a number of great finds over the years by being patient.

=>You can always get the pdf...
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Knight

Visit Blue Ghost's Blog

I grabbed a PDF off Drivethru. I'm still angry about the price gouging. I actually did ask the seller about a copy of Dueltrack for Car Wars which was priced at several hundred dollars, and he essentially told me "step" off, to put it politely. It may have been someone else just trying to get a rise out of me, but I've had years of this kind of garbage.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 01:50 PM
Baron

Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++

This blog post keeps me smiling when I see crazy prices... sure, some of the prices (especially) in games are manmade.

Biology Textbook... $23 million dollars on Amazon

I would point out that even 1/2 Price Books is taking pricing recommendations from Amazon. I found a beat-up old Greyhawk module from late 80's priced at $50.00. As long as idiots keep paying for it...
Old January 29th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Maksim-Smelchak Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post

It's a human state that has been invaded and colonized by K'kree… if I recall correctly.

Much of the source material is hazy. I hope to see it later defined in much more detail.

Shalom,
M.