Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old February 21st, 2004, 02:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Jame Citizen
What are some good ship minis and rules for space combat? Full Thrust comes to mind (I saw these in the 2300 forum and liked them), but I'd like to know about any available in the U.S. too.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old February 21st, 2004, 03:15 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen
Well I'll just cut and paste my post last time this question came up...

You can check out a related discussion here where I throw in my own vote for an excellent system that should be easily adapted to most of the Traveller versions. It's "The Role-Playing Space Combat System" put out as a free for use download (pdf available here) for T4. Copyright 1996 by Joseph E. Walsh. Collaboration by Eris Reddoch, Guy "Wildstar" Garnett (who did the great QSDS, also a download there), and Allen Shock. Though I never gave it a thorough playing I recall it worked great in the solo test run through.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:32 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

siefertma2 Citizen
Send a message via AIM to siefertma2
Quote:
Originally posted by Jame:
What are some good ship minis and rules for space combat? Full Thrust comes to mind (I saw these in the 2300 forum and liked them), but I'd like to know about any available in the U.S. too.
Ship minis are pretty easy: check out http://www.star-ranger.com for various lines that should be quite suitable.

Now, as for rules; do you mean a stand alone wargame or rules to go with an RPG?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM

Jame Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
Ship minis are pretty easy: check out http://www.star-ranger.com for various lines that should be quite suitable.
Thank you! Far-trader, too!

Quote:
Now, as for rules; do you mean a stand alone wargame or rules to go with an RPG?
I was thinking along the lines of rules to go with an RPG.
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM

Jame Citizen
Hey, no response. So, there must be some, but everyone's too good to give them to me. Now at least I know I can't - am literally unable to get - a response, so I know not to expect one.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
In case you've missed it being mentioned elsewhere, Power Projection:Fleet is a set of Traveller ship to ship rules based on Full Thrust but rewritten for High Guard/T20.
A little work is required to convert to PC ship scale, but it's worth it IMHO.
Old March 5th, 2004, 01:20 AM

Gallery : 4
Antony Citizen
ICE produce a range of minis for their Silent Death game, some of these are quiet good for Traveller. One of them "Black Widow class" I used as the basis for my 150dt Outreach and Pioneer class armoured scouts and did deck plans for it.
According to their web site they are re-releasing them as resin models but the older metal and polystyrene minis should still be out there.
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:26 AM

siefertma2 Citizen
Send a message via AIM to siefertma2
Some of the new Aerotech minatures would make great ships too. The spherical dropships make great Broadsword Merc Cruisers. I'm using the better looking capital ships for Power Projection.
Old March 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM

kaladorn Citizen
Here's something for the BITS crew:
They did PP:E.... and PP:F. They've already got a working relationship with Jon Tuffley (whom I met in Lancaster last weekend, very happily as he has a wicked sense of humour). Why doesn't BITS talk to JT/GZG and get them to put out some remakes of Traveller ships? They have the sculptors and if not, we could probably find some(heck, I'm sure some of the guys on the GZG email lists or TML or on COTI would take a crack at producing good quality base sculpts to be cast). This might be a *REALISTIC* way for Traveller minis to see the light of day!
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old March 15th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

theSea Citizen
mmm.... now there's a nice thought. Chrysanthamums & Tigeresses & Zhdatl's oh my!

Also a PP suplement with 'scaled down' rules for PC sip[ combat would be nice as well.

I really like PP - it's fast, plays smoothly w/o a lot of book keeping and the vector movement is easy to use.... it would be great for RPG ship battles *except* that it is scaled for big ship fleet actions. You can represent PC sized ships in PP:E - but you would be looking at 1 hit = kill situations mostof the time - no fun for RPG'ing.

Something along the lines of "The Role-Playing Space Combat System" would probably be a good bet for RPG'ing - accent on the RP.

--michael