Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old December 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
jfetters Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurega Gikur:

Did any of the MT stuff give hard numbers on the strengths of the different factions?
I want to say that either the Rebellion Sourcebook or FSOTSI had the Imperial map with the fleet breakdown, which you could then use to extrapolate the general fleet makeups (which would then include the reserves). I can't check at the moment, as I don't have my MT CD with me.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence..." - Leonard H. McCoy
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Gallery : 0
daryen Citizen
My request is a bit of a structural change. Refashion the factions so that they are not all equal in strength, doomed to perpetual stalemate. Let each one be logically sized for its situation.

(Actually, the original game did the "resizing" to force same-sized opponents. Just eliminate the original fudging and let the factions fall or rise as they may.)

Yes, this will generate "winners" and "losers", but some are going to die out anyway. Let the setup be more interesting.

The second request is to allow the endgame to finish. Yes, I know the OTU stops the rebellion in 1130 (or so). However, what would a virus-free endgame look like? Sure, it is an ATU, but it is potentially an interesting one.

daryen Citizen
My request is a bit of a structural change. Refashion the factions so that they are not all equal in strength, doomed to perpetual stalemate. Let each one be logically sized for its situation.

(Actually, the original game did the "resizing" to force same-sized opponents. Just eliminate the original fudging and let the factions fall or rise as they may.)

Yes, this will generate "winners" and "losers", but some are going to die out anyway. Let the setup be more interesting.

The second request is to allow the endgame to finish. Yes, I know the OTU stops the rebellion in 1130 (or so). However, what would a virus-free endgame look like? Sure, it is an ATU, but it is potentially an interesting one.

daryen Citizen

Old December 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM

jfetters Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by daryen:

Daryen, I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Do you mean that Dulinor and Lucan pounded the crap out of each other and basically ignored everyone else (especially at the end)?

Quote:

I completely agree. It could take the ending (if not the entire mission) in "Arrival: Vengeance" to a different place.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence..." - Leonard H. McCoy

jfetters Citizen
Quote:

Daryen, I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Do you mean that Dulinor and Lucan pounded the crap out of each other and basically ignored everyone else (especially at the end)?

Quote:

I completely agree. It could take the ending (if not the entire mission) in "Arrival: Vengeance" to a different place.

jfetters Citizen
Quote:

Quote:

Old December 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Michael Schulz Citizen
If I could put out a series of Rebellion Redux supplements that were geared towards me--a highly intrigued, relatively new, Traveller fan who will never own all the DGP stuff--I think something like a series of faction books would be great.

On the other hand, I like the idea of 'phase' books. So each book would cover a different phase of the war, as divided in Survival Margin. Each Phase book would give some detail on what life is like in each of the factions, how their rulers are doing (it would be a great way to chart Lucan's decline), and keep track of major and minor, but intriguing, events that the PC's could get mixed up in.

Just to be super crazy, each of these books could have a section devoted to how the war is affecting a given sector that is not necessarily part of one of the safes. Maybe they could provide a subsector or two of data, and some indication of how the major battles or economic impact of the war are affecting a locality. Kind of a slow motion Hard Times in some cases, although I'm sure some areas boomed during the first phases of the Rebellion. In others, I'm sure they encouraged some shaking up of the politcal landscape.

Anyways, I'd love a set of chronological source books or faction books, or both...

Michael Schulz Citizen
If I could put out a series of Rebellion Redux supplements that were geared towards me--a highly intrigued, relatively new, Traveller fan who will never own all the DGP stuff--I think something like a series of faction books would be great.

On the other hand, I like the idea of 'phase' books. So each book would cover a different phase of the war, as divided in Survival Margin. Each Phase book would give some detail on what life is like in each of the factions, how their rulers are doing (it would be a great way to chart Lucan's decline), and keep track of major and minor, but intriguing, events that the PC's could get mixed up in.

Just to be super crazy, each of these books could have a section devoted to how the war is affecting a given sector that is not necessarily part of one of the safes. Maybe they could provide a subsector or two of data, and some indication of how the major battles or economic impact of the war are affecting a locality. Kind of a slow motion Hard Times in some cases, although I'm sure some areas boomed during the first phases of the Rebellion. In others, I'm sure they encouraged some shaking up of the politcal landscape.

Anyways, I'd love a set of chronological source books or faction books, or both...

Michael Schulz Citizen