Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old October 29th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
That's a lot of work you've done.

Thanks for sharing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

The Oz Citizen
You're welcome, Sigg. I do it for fun. Now I'm trying to figure out how to put fighters into BR.
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Individually or as squadrons?

Could the simlified missile rules be adapted in some way to squadrons of fighters I wonder?
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:13 PM

The Oz Citizen
As squadrons of 10, operating in groups of 4 to 12 squadrons. Basically, it's how they operate in PP:F, along with the house rule I proposed to Dom for large numbers of fighters in PP:F.

I'm not sure what missile rules you're referring to, Sigg. Could you explain, please?
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Noble

In BL each missile maneuvers like a ship. You have to keep track of each one.

In BR missiles are fired as a spread controlled by a missile director (max. no. of missiles in a spread is equal to the number of missile directors). Each missile spread maneuvers as one counter.

So fighter squadrons would move as a unit (but don't require a director) they in effect behave like self guided missiles that can fire repeatedly (if laser, energy weapon, meson or PA armed) or have a limited number of missile like attacks before returning to the carrier to re-arm.
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM

The Oz Citizen
That's more or less what I have in mind, Sigg. As I said, it's much like the way fighters are handled in PP:F. They are grouped into squadrons of 10 which act as a single ship in all ways. They don't take much damage (in PP:F, one or at most two hits will kill the entire squadron) but can help out, especially with defensive fire against incoming missiles.