Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old August 29th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
<<<Has anyone played a game of demobilization>>>

The game I was working on for a while was going to be set just after the Fifth Frontier War in year 1111. On top of the people who haven't been told yet that the War is over, you have people capitalizing on the misery of others, people helping others, people coming back home to their loved ones, people NOT coming back home to their loved ones, parades, Zhodani sympatizers, Zhodani haters (those pinko psionic bastards!), spies, wounded people, dejected and demoralized people, War Heroes, and rampant paranoia. I wanted to have a mix of the end of World War II on, say, one or two major worlds, the end of the Korean War on a few others, and the end of VietNam on a few of the border systems (of course it would be the American perspectives on the ends of all those wars). A very Cold War feel to the whole thing. And two of the characters were going to be just coming back from the war.

Never got around to running the game, tho,

Scout
Old August 29th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Liam, when you come back be sure to write a couple of adventures about coming home. As I said about something about the Crate City in Alien Realms or was it the Spinward Marches Campaign meshed with early Twilight 2000 seemed like it would be the logical conclusion before I was struck with Rebellion Fever. [<sigh> Those were the days...the 1980s...]

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Gallery : 0
Liam Devlin Citizen
Kafka47...
the idea has merit.
Soldier's homecomings from wars have been done since Ulyssses returned to Penelope in the Odyssey. Me shall give it thought, aye.

"To ye who pass us by, Go tell the Spartans, By Spartan Law, here we lie"</i>
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
siefertma2 Citizen
Send a message via AIM to siefertma2
Quote:
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Soldier's homecomings from wars have been done since Ulyssses returned to Penelope in the Odyssey.
Just remember how you built your bed and that axe handles are tough targets.
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:42 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Liam, take us from the last battles of Troy out there on the Rim and back to the homestead. Lots of room also for a campaign involving political intrigue as the party learns that all not well in the Imperium/Confederation.

Not to mention, a few side trips that would make life interesting whilst hitching a ride from unlikely companions.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/