Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old March 20th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
jappel Citizen
PBI,

There's still time, as both sides get reinforcements. Send me a PM if you're interested!

John
Old March 20th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+
Mr. Appel,

The appearence of Rear Admiral Whipsnade; CinC of the 'Fleet on Our Feet' Fleet, may strike fear into the hearts of the enemy (who ever they may be!).

How often do orders need to be recieved? Two or three times a week? If so, the Portly Paragon of Pulchitrude may be interested in arriving with the reinforcements.

Sincerely,
Larsen
Old March 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM

jappel Citizen
Mr. Whipsnade,

I'll drop you a note with some details. In a nutshell, we're running about a turn a week. We have several players in the UK and at least one in Australia, so while we might get it down a little, 1 per week looks like the sustainable pace.

E-mailings back and forth during that week will be variable depending on what's going on in your system. If you're just passing through and there's no enemy contact, then just one or two messages between the GM (me) and the player will pass. If there's combat, particularly if other players are in-system, it takes a few more. We haven't had any large scale combat yet, so time will tell.

John
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

PBI Citizen
Been speaking with our Illustrious GM and, in a fit of courage, I've volunteered to run the next FFW PBEM, should there be sufficient interest.

I say 'next' because 1) I'm playing in the current game and thought it might be nice to not have what passes for my mind distracted if I'm going to GM and 2) I thought it might be nice to see how the first game turns out before jumping in feet first

All that could change, however, based on the evolving experience of the current game We're in Turn 4/about to be in Turn 5, so when and if I get a better feel for how this PBEM-thingy is working, I may (shudder) attempt to start the next game early, should there be sufficient interest.
Old April 7th, 2004, 12:22 PM

jappel Citizen
As PBI says, we're about to transition into Turn 5 (the last actions for Turn 4 were resolved earlier today, just waiting on some orders from players). Things are just now getting to the point where players are starting to hear about events elsewhere in the war area, and the guessing game about where the enemy's forces really are is just beginning.

Openings soon for Zhodani reinforcement admirals, if anyone is interested!

John