Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old November 29th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Count

Gallery : 11
Visit Spenser TR's Blog
Spenser TR Citizen+Spenser TR Citizen+
Default The Mandalorian

Over on Disney+ there's a new show called The Mandalorian. It's definitely a Star Wars story... but as far from Jedi, Sith, space battles, and grand political maneuverings as you could get. Its story style is heavily influenced by old westerns and samurai movies.

I just watched the 4th episode - one drops every week, for an 8 episode 1st season - and there are a lot of elements to the show lovers of Traveller would recognize: mix of tech on worlds, how economics shapes lives, gritty scifi, and so on.

And yea, Disney+ is yet another streaming channel, yet another monthly subscription and I imagine that'll be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'm not trying to talk anyone into watching the show, just raising the visibility of something Traveller-ish I really enjoy.

Do good in the world --- my Traveller blog & my Pinterest
IMTU tg mgt+ ru ge- 3i+ c+ au+ ls- he+ so / OTU 22% cpu- fs- inf- n+ tv+ xb+

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.