Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In the OTU

In the OTU In the Official Traveller Universe. Any milieux that's been published in any edition. Not for discussion of rules except in reference to how they reflect the OTU

Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Travellerspud Citizen

...and then there is the Dragon Liberation Front (DFL) that opposes all attempts by humaniti to hunt or capture Dragons (sometimes using terrorist tactics or suicide bombers)
Viscount Ffudn
Marquis Ffudn
Marquis Antioch
Marquis of the Realm
Sir Geoffrey of Zuurk
S.E.H.
T.A.S.

Bn SGM (SGM S6), Headquarters, First Battalion (Lift Infantry), 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Marchand Citizen

A psionic critter opens up a nice plot angle - the Zhodani want to capture one for military / research purposes.

Why can't the PCs and Zhodani both grab a creature and go home? Maybe there is only one or one breeding pair on the world - they escaped from some undocumented research base.

The Patron stumbled across a reference to the creature and research base somewhere but has no idea what he is messing with.

I'd also recommend Grafenwalder's Bestiary, a short story by Alastair Reynolds, for inspiration - a really dark take on insanely-rich collector subculture.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
BRJN Citizen

The group could be hunting a Bandersnatch. This might be Larry Niven's version, if you want an exotic atmosphere. Or if could be something big / nasty enough that being "armed for bear" is laughably under-equipped.
A frumious bandersnatch is like a regular bandersnatch but it is ready to breed, or is claiming a territory, or just has too much adrenaline and is trying to burn it off. It might be mildly psionic to detect minds (Which it interprets as rivals / intruders) from just out of earshot. It also might have a short range natural weapon.
Old Today, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pakkrat View Post
Have you considered capturing a Wypoc Dragon? They're on the wiki. Dangerous. Hostile Environment. High Security world. The beast is found roaming near a certain INI Psionic Intelligence training grounds. Patrols. Fifth Frontier War potential encounters of Zhodani and Imperial vessels. Competition with other hunters (who want to make a glorious kill instead of capture). Other dangerous predators such as a power-diving Swoop (think pterodactyl with a thrusting beak, impaling action). The capture and containment. Hauling it aboard the ship. Transporting it to Patron. Releasing the Wypoc Dragon into a proper pen. Keeping it alive.

Just tossing out issues that came to mind.
One should always wear psi-shielded battledress...

They use life-detection as a targeting sense, in addition to metal-ion smells. PSR 2d6, Int 1d3. 1d6 skills (age=(Skills+1)*4).

Yes, the dragon is a sentient.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old Today, 11:24 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Players will probably not know Traveller well. Maybe only by reputation. So I expect to show them a few Tropes of Traveller.

Death during chargen.
Visiting a starport.
Gambling in the TAS hostel bar.
Jump travel; High and Low Passage.
EVA in a vacc suit.
Piloting a ship.
Wilderness refueling.
Doing space combat.
Shotguns and cutlasses alongside monomolecular axes and Laser Rifles, together in combat.
Fighting alien creatures.
Solving a cosmic enigma.

Some of these. Probably can't squeeze in all of 'em. And the list is longer than that.

Four hours is time enough for a romp without extensive planning.

Hr 1 - chargen
Hr 2 - travelling
Hr 3 - setback
Hr 4 - climax
Tools Link

Last edited by robject; Today at 12:24 PM..