Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Ben W Bell Citizen
Only just noticed this on the front page, but Woohoo.

Quote:
The big news however is the forthcoming availability of eBooks! Marc is working with a well-known industry company and will be releasing eBooks around the end of June for all of the following lines:

MegaTraveller
Traveller: TNE
Marc Miller's Traveller
Twilight: 2000
2300AD

Virtually all of the books for these lines that were produced by GDW will be available for order and download.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

siefertma2 Citizen
Send a message via AIM to siefertma2
"Marc is working with a well-known industry company and will be releasing eBooks..."

Hmmmm... I wonder what company this is? RPGNow, perhaps?

I think it's great, however I'm going to kick myself for spending $15-$30 per item for all the used Traveller and 2300 AD stuff I bought on eBay.
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Absent Friend

cmaddox Citizen
Send a message via AIM to cmaddox
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben W Bell:
Only just noticed this on the front page, but Woohoo.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
The big news however is the forthcoming availability of eBooks! Marc is working with a well-known industry company and will be releasing eBooks around the end of June for all of the following lines:

MegaTraveller
Traveller: TNE
Marc Miller's Traveller
Twilight: 2000
2300AD

Virtually all of the books for these lines that were produced by GDW will be available for order and download.
</font>[/QUOTE]</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> </pre>[/QUOTE]Cool Beans! Do you have a URL so we can look at the announcement? I looked around but I couldn't find it on my own.

Thanks in Advance!

Chuck
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:31 AM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
Man, I'm so looking forward to this. [img]smile.gif[/img] Can't wait to see what gets rolled out when, and catch my collection up to date. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, Avery,
Flynn
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:31 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen
I second your woohoo!
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:32 AM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
cmaddox,

You can find the article here:
http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/...temid=75&h=&s=

Enjoy,
Flynn
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:42 AM

clementk Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
"Marc is working with a well-known industry company and will be releasing eBooks..."

Hmmmm... I wonder what company this is? RPGNow, perhaps?

I think it's great, however I'm going to kick myself for spending $15-$30 per item for all the used Traveller and 2300 AD stuff I bought on eBay.
Well that line could be read two ways. One of which includes selling the ebooks himself. Bastion Press still has TW2K listed as "ALL CALL" on their ESD Master Schedule List pp. 18-19 dated 2003. Bastion did the scanning* for TSR's ESDs (Electronic Software Downloads aka PDFs) and is fairly well known for their own products.

However RPGnow and to a lesser extent SVGames and for that matter QLI are all viable choices for distribution.

As for buying originals at the low end FFE risks running into the same problem with many of the TSR and similar pdf "reprints". For $5-9 a pdf then the cost of printing out the pdf it's often cheaper or not much more to get the product on ebay and get a better looking original.

Assuming they'll be sold individually. Sets ala the reprint collections might be a good option as well but would likely net less profit although with only individual ebooks some titles are bound to sell far less.

By all means though kick yourself. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Casey

* And to avoid some of the flak over some of the TSR ESDs somebody please watch over the scanning process to ensure pages are readable and correct; consumers should not be expected to adjust a pdf just to make it legible
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

graywolfy Citizen
And yet a third Woohoo. I feel your pain [img]redface.gif[/img] on ebay spending this year for traveller items. It will be great though to get a few of the T4 and 2300AD books for less than awe inspiring prices .
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:00 PM

clementk Citizen
It's interesting on the editions released for reprints.

CT is 2nd edition material only where there was one for a product, TW2K is 1st edition only so far, and from this article only 2300AD. IIRC some of the 1st edition TW2K material wasn't reprinted in later editions but I don't know about Traveller 2300 AD.
/me shrugs

Likely has also to do with how the various GDW properties were divvied up among other factors. I don't have TW2K 1st or either 2300 to check but TW2K 2nd doesn't mention Marc Miller FWIW.

Casey
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

FlightCommanderSolitude Citizen
Woohoo! Uhh ... what's an ebook?